Complaint Review: Premiere Event

• Updated: Sun, March 02, 2014

• Reported By: LovingMother7 — Richmond Virginia
Premiere Event
Richmond, Virginia USA

Premiere Event DisneyNickelodeon Using Kids to Scam Money is Sick Richmond Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Employee

Riding in the car listening to my favorite gospel radio station and I hear an advertisement calling for children ages 5-18 to audition for casting directors for Disney and Nickelodeon. I call the 800 number and schedule an appointment for my 8 year old daughter to audition since she has always talked about being like Chyna from "Ant Farm" I am a business owner who works every Saturday so my husband had to take her to the appointment. He explained how they had her run some lines on camera and interviewed her which was very exciting to her and I was excited for her. But then they tell my husband to go over the brochure they provided then email them the following day to find out the results. That seemed strange. Ironically as I'm hanging up with my husband a client of mine who overheard our conversation informed me that she took her son to something similar a few years earlier and it was a scam. [continued below]....

..... They asked for money and then once they paid they found out it wasn't what they expected. I prayed that this wasn't the same thing. So I got home that evening and my daughter runs up to me excited about the audition, saying she met someone who works at Disney and she sung for him. My husband hands me the brochure and sure enough, you have to pay $1950 minimum just to attend a showcase. My heart was broken because I didn't know what I was going to tell my little girl. My poor husband didn't know what to say. He wanted us to still contact then because he wanted so badly for this to work out. So we emailed and got a call. They asked her to come back for a call back and we were so happy it wasn't headed in the wrong direction until they said we needed to commit to paying the money before we can schedule the callback appointment. I started to ask questions and the gentleman kept referring me to the website I had already seen. Finally I said I can't commit to that type of money until I get some answers and he says, "I don't even know if I want to work with your daughter so I think I'll give the appointment to someone else." How sick of them to use a child's excitement to get parents to give them money knowing we will do anything to make our babies smile. Even though I know it wasn't right I was actually going to pay the money just to show my daughter support and minimize the blow of disappointment of the outcome by planning it as a Disney Vacation for the family after the event. But when he spoke to me about my child in that manner I just hung up. I still haven't figured out how to tell her she isn't going to be on Disney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premiere-Event-/Richmond-Virginia/Premiere-Event-DisneyNickelodeon-Using-Kids-to-Scam-Money-is-Sick-Richmond-Virginia-1127627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premiere Event

Employee

AUTHOR: employee - ()

We would like to thank you for attending our interview session this past weekend.  We would be more than happy to address any questions you may have.  If you would be so kind as to contact us at the email address that we provided on the front of the booklet, we would like to have the opportunity to answer the questions that you were not able to find answers to on our website.

In addition, with regards to the other company that your client met with a few years ago, we’re curious as to who they were.  Our booklet that your husband received and you looked through, clearly outlines everything that you are receiving from the registration fees.

Again, please contact us at the email address that we provieed on the front of the booklet so that we may address your concerns.