symbols

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Simply Jay — Dallas Texas United States of America
Premiere Music
1035 Pearl St, Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Premiere Music Premier Companies, Premier Music Event Services dj lighting wedding Boulder , Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Great Company to work with if you're looking for additional work/shows

*Consumer Comment: Premier DJ's is 100% a scam.

I was contacted by Matt who was looking to subcontract uplighting setup for an event in Dallas.  Understanding it was last minute and being a fellow DJ, I know how it can get.  I contracted 8 uplights for $130 for which I received a E-signed/verified document.

The event was March 3rd, 2012.  As of April 9th, I have yet to receive any form of payment or a reply to my numerous requests.

If I receive no reply in next few weeks, I will report the business to IRS as fraudulent organization, that has reported paying subcontractors on their taxes but have not actually made the payments.  This is a mild version of Tax evasion.

It helps to be CPA.  For any of their potential clients, I would recommend reaching out to a reliable service provider. I hope this post reaches those who are looking into doing business with Premier Music.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premiere-Music/Boulder-Colorado-80301/Premiere-Music-Premier-Companies-Premier-Music-Event-Services-dj-lighting-wedding-Boulder-865850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premiere Music

Great Company to work with if you're looking for additional work/shows

AUTHOR: airmandj - (United States of America)

I am a DJ and I've been hired by this company three times to do birthday parties and weddings.  Two of the shows I got paid for in advance via PayPal, the third event isn't for another month, but I'm sure I'll have payment at least a few days beforehand.  I agree the amount they pay isn't as much as you could get doing the gig on your own, but if you have an empty day, I'd rather make less money than no money.  To be honest, their cut of the show isn't that unreasonable, about 30% of the overall price which is about the same you'll take home if you work for a DJ company rather than independent.  Best part is, if you do a good job, the client can just go around Premier the next time and book you directly since now you have a rapport with them.

The only thing they need to work on is giving you further notice on events.  They called me Monday for a Friday show, yet the client booked months ago.  Though I have used this as leverage when they make an offer price, you can always counter-offer.  If they're getting enough heat from the client for a DJ, they'll deal with you.  But bottom line is they're a legit business that pays what they say they will.

Premier DJ's is 100% a scam.

AUTHOR: Myself - (U.S.A.)

I am virtually in the same boat, and wish i had come across this before being subcontracted by Premier.

I have a DJ/event co in Portland, OR, there was a craigslist posting for a last minuet dj... you know the story.  Well the first problems came from Premier not describing the event properly, as a professional contractor if they say it is a X and then you get there and it is Y you can have massive problems.  I have many years experience and caught many of the pitfalls before they happened which was good on me.  But now the largest blow is they will not answer the phones, reply to e-mails or send a check for my services.   Customers beware!!! Subcontractors beware!!!  I do not see a situation where working with this company could ever come out in a favorable situation.

I am contacting their states attorney general this week as well as ours, and even thought i doubt i will get it i will be including the additional fees for the services their client was promised and they did not include in our original contract.

If anyone knows the rules here, from what i understand is even though they are out of state, they solicited my services using a local avenue (craigs list in portland) and the services were to be completed with a local client, that it falls in the courts jurisdiction of oregon.