Complaint Review: Premiere Van Lines, American Express Van Lines

• Updated: Sun, October 18, 2009

• Reported By: Betty Belcher — Wiggins Colorado USA
Premiere Van Lines, American Express Van Lines
20400 N.E. 15th Court Miami, Florida United States of America

Premiere Van Lines, American Express Van Lines Completly disasterous move Miami, Florida

*Author of original report: Still unpacking

In July my husband and I were moving from Richmond Va. to Colorado. We hired Premiere Van lines to move our belongings. Form the start it was a disaster. The packers were to show up on July 29, but didnt show up until the 30th and then said they may not make it then, but they did. All seemed to go well. We called in late September, one week before we were to expect our delivery, just as they had ask us to do. We waited about three weeks and got the run around, if we got any one at all to answer the phone. Finally the driver called and said he would be at our home the next day. That didnt happen.

After a few more promises they finally called the Friday before the sunday, they were to deliver. They wanted to know how they were gonna get thier money, and thats just the way they said it. My husband explained that he would be paying with Mastercard just as we did the deposit. They said no because then we could cancel the card and they would be out of thier money. My husband ask how they would like to be paid and they said cashiers check would be fine. When Sunday came they got off the truck and wanted thier money, before they unload our belongings. My husband gave them thier check and they said it could be counterfiet.

To add more  insult he said my husband had to take him to the grocery store to cash the check before they would unload our stuff. I became suspicious and called the police to check these jokers out. They checked out ok, but it took the police called to get any kind of respect out of these two young men. When they removed the blanket off of my antique desk, the finish came off with it. I have 2 end tables, coffee table and sofa table that are metal and all are scratched up. My daughters foton has a long scratch in the wooden arm. Some of the packed boxes looked o.k. but others looked like a 3 year old had packed them.

I had several things broken that they had packed, but the best was yet to come. I was unpacking a box, when I pulled out a bottle wrapped in paper. I open it and it was an empty bottle of Jack Daniels. Two more bottles were also empty including Jamacian Rum and Tequila. I am incuding the booze on my insurance claim. I am still unpacking, but will soon submit a claim to thier insurance and will follow up this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2009 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premiere-Van-Lines-American-Express-Van-Lines/Miami-Florida-33179/Premiere-Van-Lines-American-Express-Van-Lines-Completly-disasterous-move-Miami-Florida-511203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premiere Van Lines, American Express Van Lines

Still unpacking

AUTHOR: Betty Belcher - (USA)

I just unpacked the box that contained all of my spices and baking needs. It looks to me, that they just threw them in the box. Sea salt was every where, powder sugar coated everything and the lid off a candy tin had come off and melted candy was all over things. I had to clean everything and somethings were just too much of a mess to bother. One box took me over 2 hours to clean and unpack.