Complaint Review: Premium Crickets

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: T. — tulsa Oklahoma United States of America
Premium Crickets
Internet, Georgia United States of America

Premium Crickets aka premiumcrickets.com Worst experience with a business...ever Internet, Georgia

*General Comment: premium crickets is the best!

*Consumer Comment: I too have had a bad experience with them.

*Consumer Comment: Premium Crickets

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: PremiumCrickets.com is not a rip-off

I don't know where to begin...I purchased some crickets off this site to feed some of my pets.  When the package arrived, every single cricket was dead.  On their website they claimed they offered guarantees, so I called expecting them to send another order.

I talked to a very nasty woman named Allison and she promptly told me she would not refund my order.  She claimed the only way those crickets would have survived was by next-day shipping, while I used 2-day shipping.  Of course, this was not mentioned on the site.

I then emailed the company telling them how disappointed I was with their customer service.  For the rest of the day Allison sent me numerous emails claiming "it's not their fault I can't read" and she also told me she "makes more money that I would ever make in my life".

I have never felt obligated to write a report like this until now.  Not only did this scumbag company take my money knowing the crickets wouldn't survive the trip, they insulted my job and my intelligence.  Allison told me she doesn't want customers like me.

Premium Crickets has to be the worst-run business on the internet. DO NOT USE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2010 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premium-Crickets/Internet-Georgia-/Premium-Crickets-aka-premiumcricketscom-Worst-experience-with-a-businessever-Internet-640213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premium Crickets

#1 General Comment

premium crickets is the best!

AUTHOR: crystal - ()

I have used premium cricket for goin on a yr & 1/2 now & they are awsome. As with any living thing if its to hot or to cold, it will die if exposed for to long. Thats why their policy clearly states if temps are extreme pick next day shipping. I have never had a problem with my crickets or worms. They always arrive alive & active. I am very happy with premium crickets & would never go any where else!

I too have had a bad experience with them.

AUTHOR: ICEROGUE - (United States of America)

First off I would like to say I read there guarantee policy before I ordered. I placed an order for 2000 crickets. My crickets arrived dead and smashed to the lid of the box. After several calls to the company (with no answer) I wrote them an e-mail. I was sent a response stating that my transit temps were below 30 and my guarantee was void. I kindly replied with the fact
that the only temp that was below 30 degrees was yet to be observed. I received my crickets at 10am when the temp was exactly 30 degrees; the low for the day was to be at 5pm. But because the day I received them was set to be below 30
(even though I already received them dead) my guarantee was void!! Really? And this does not explain why the crickets were smashed to the top of the shipping container? The women that answered my e-mail said that this one time she would
send me a new shipment if I paid shipping.

Thats all fine and dandy but Im not going to pay $15 for shipping again to receive another box of dead smashed
crickets. I only wish I read these reviews before I wasted $45 with there company.

Premium Crickets

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States of America)

I have used Premium Crickets several times and their website does state that anything shipped to a location above eighty degrees should be shipped next day air mail. This also applies to pinhead and 1/8" size crickets. You are given at least two chances to choose your shipping method before placing an order.

Using the guidelines provided on the website I have never had a bad shipment of crickets arrive to my location and I have been a very pleased customer.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

PremiumCrickets.com is not a rip-off

AUTHOR: Premium Crickets - (United States of America)

When shipping a perishable product, such as crickets, the amount of time in transit is critical.  When the temperature is hot (above 90), we only guarantee crickets that are shipped via a 1 day service.  If a customer wants to take the risk and save money on shipping, we allow the shipment to go out, but not guarantee the product.

This customer admitted choosing a 2 day service.  The temperatures at the time were well above 90 degrees.

We post the shipping policy in neon letters on the front page of the website and four different places within the site.  The policy is also stated on the confirmation email that gets sent out with every order.

If this customer choose a 1 day shipping service and their product arrived dead, we would have arranged for a replacement shipment to be sent out.  This customer choose to demand their money back and not work with us on any potential solution.

We have over 35,000 customers, most of whom are happy with the service.  In any business, there are those who cannot be pleased.

If you ship within the published guidelines, we will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy with your product.

If you have any further questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to email me at mike@premiumcrickets.com or visit premiumcrickets.com.

Michael Houtzager