Complaint Review: Premium Savings Group

• Submitted: Thu, October 14, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 14, 2004

• Reported By:Stateline Nevada
Premium Savings Group
PO BOX 8002 WEST LEBANON, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Premium Savings Group Fraudulent credit card offer for people with bad credit WEST LEBANON New Hampshire Thanks alot for alerting me to this fraud

I was contacted on September 20th, 2004 (give or take a few days) about what sounded to me like heaven sent offer for a credit card with a $2,500 credit limit; this offer was for me... but there was a catch, I had to pay $299.50 for cover any fee I might encounter. This sounded fishy but reasonable given the fact that my credit report probably showed me as a risky investment. So, like a over eager fool, I gave them my account number so they could withdraw the $299.50 and they did so as dictated on October, 1.

I haven't recieved my card yet even though they said 10-15 days within the withdrawl is when it would arrive. So on a whim I decided to check out the company online to see where they were located to get a better feel for how long it may take to get to my mailbox. I called the number that showed up next to the withdrawl amount in my online account statement. I called the number asking if I could get an "ETA" on the card coming to me. The guy said that the company I was actually dealing with was called Premium Savings Group, that he was only part of the billing service end of things. So naturally I checked up on the company today on the web. When I did a search the first thing to pop up was ripoffreport.com. I looked through the postings to find that many people have been duped just I have been. I took the editor's advice and called my bank about 2 hours ago to tell them what happened and how I found this to be a scam. I hope they can reverse the withdrawl, luckily I got to my bank within 15 days of the actual transaction. If you are reading this message and you think you may be in the same boat, CALL YOUR BANK NOW!

I have 3 questions for the editor:

1) Is it possible to get this transaction reversed?
2) How far does the bank's "research" go?
3) Is Wells Fargo generally good at resolving this kind of issue?

*** Thanks alot for alerting me to this fraud! I just hope I can get my money back otherwse I looks like I'm screwed for a while.

Marcus
Stateline, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2004 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premium-Savings-Group/WEST-LEBANON-New-Hampshire-03784/Premium-Savings-Group-Fraudulent-credit-card-offer-for-people-with-bad-credit-WEST-LEBANON-113030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premium Savings Group