Complaint Review: Premium Wheels USA, LLC

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Anthony — Cerritos California United States of America
Premium Wheels USA, LLC
1970 Placentia Ave Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Premium Wheels USA, LLC Ray Lied about vehicle condition. Break contract. Salesman had warrant for DUI & was arrested while I was test driving car. Costa Mesa, California

*Author of original report: Situation resolved with owner

The company posted a sale for a 2004 Mustang Mach 1 on Craigslist. My cousin and I went to check it out. We asked questions about the condition of the vehicle and we were told that it was in great working shape. I wanted to take the vehicle to a trusted mechanic but we were denied because "its was too far for their insurance policy". While i was test driving the car, myself and the salesman, Ray, were pulled over. He failed to put the license plate on the rear. When questioned by the police, he said he didnt have the insurance policy.

They checked his license and found a warrant for his arrest for DUI charges. He was arrested on the spot. I drove the car back and went to purchase the vehicle along with a contract cancellation that involved no upfront cash but a $500 restocking fee. The following morning I had my mechanic look it over and be found problems with the engine and transmission, which would gring while shifting into 3rd gear, and stated that it was a lemon. I then took it to Carmax for a second opinion and they told me that they had that exact car in their database because someone tried to sell it to them. I was told about the same problems from them.

My wife was with me for both inspections. We immediately went back to return the car. Ray was out on bail. When my wife told him that we were returning the car, he stated that now be was going to charge $750 as the restocking fee, breaching the contract. It took an hour of arguing to get him to abide by the contract. So we paid the fee and left. We pulled over about 100 ft from them to check and see if we had everything. Ray came screeching out onto the street burninv rubber, almost causing an accident and sped away.

A minute later, he returned. This all occurred on 2/1/13 and 2/2/13. My cousin and I found the car relisted on Craigslist stating "transmission and engine are good", which is a complete lie. They were really rude when we wanted to return the vehicle. Ray also let slip on 2/1/13 that one of the vehicles he has on his lot is a salvage. I wouldn't trust them nor any of their vehicles and I would like to ensure that unsuspecting customers are kept safe and away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premium-Wheels-USA-LLC/Costa-Mesa-California-/Premium-Wheels-USA-LLC-Ray-Lied-about-vehicle-condition-Break-contract-Salesman-had-war-1009633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premium Wheels USA, LLC

Situation resolved with owner

AUTHOR: Jason - (United States of America)

The situation was resolved with the owner, Ben. He listened to my wife's and my side of the story before calling Ray to discuss it. Ben refunded the restocking fee stating that it was against his policy in the first place.

I would not hold Premium Wheels USA, LLC as a whole entity at fault while the owner was out of town, but I would fault the particular salesman and hold him solely responsible for his actions, unless more occurrences should ensue. I would consider doing business with the owner if a need to we're to arise, however, I would not do business with the particular salesman in question.

Even though the situation has been resolved, I am unable to delete or remove the original report. As stated earlier, the company as a whole should not be blamed or tarnished because of one persons actions unless more incidents should occur and the employee not reprimanded in a timely and fair manner.

surplus