Complaint Review: Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2011

• Reported By: Ella — Long Island City New York United States of America
Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
One Pre-Paid Way Ada, Oklahoma United States of America

Prepaid Legal Services, Inc. continued to charge $26 a month for a membership that was not mine and will not reimburse me Ada, Oklahoma

I just spoke with a Ms. Chris Watkins, a manager at Prepaid Legal.   I was checking my bank records and noticed that Prepaid Legal was still charging me $26 a month although I had canceled my membership over a year ago in March 2010.   This was not the first time I called.  I called also in October of 2010 to ask about the $26 charge and was told that a charge was no longer being taken from my account for my membership fee.

So, the representative confirmed that my membership had indeed been canceled. I did not think to double-check behind them again, then.

Now, I just signed up for online banking and was going over my account.  When I checked my bank records, I was startled to see that a fee of $26 was still being taken from my account by Prepaid Legal.

When I told a manager from Prepaid Legal that I had discontinued membership a year ago, Ms. Chris Watkins of Prepaid Legal, told me that Prepaid Legal did not have a record of me discontinuing a membership and that I would not be reimbursed the now $312 that I have been charged for a membership that is not mine.

Prepaid Legal's customer service is negligent. Do not give them access to your bank account.  If any errors occur regarding your transactions with them, it seems that they will not take responsibility for correcting the error.

I have been charged $312 for a membership that is not mine, and because I signed papers giving them access to my checking account, my bank can not do anything about reimbursing me either.

Do not give Prepaid Legal access to your funds.  I would strongly advise against doing business with Prepaid Legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2011 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prepaid-Legal-Services-Inc/Ada-Oklahoma-74820/Prepaid-Legal-Services-Inc-continued-to-charge-26-a-month-for-a-membership-that-was-n-712488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.