Complaint Review: Prepaid Online

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2011

• Reported By: Emm — adams Massachusetts USA
Prepaid Online

Prepaid Online purchased removed from cart, order not completed by me, yet they still tried to process an order Internet

I found this website when looking for refills for my prepaid cellular phone.  I had seen a coupon code for % off purchase.  I went ahead and registered with this company via their website.

I put an order in my cart.  At checkout I attempted to use the coupon code for the discount and it was not accepted.  I then specifically removed the item from my cart so that I could visually see that my cart was empty.  I did NOT complete any order with the company.

Shortly later my landline rings and it is a service rep from PrepaidOnline calling to finalize my order.  I stated that I had removed any potential purchase from my cart and did not complete the order.  I wanted to know why the order was being processed when 1) I removed it from my cart and 2) I did not complete the order.

The person merely told me that they would cancel the order.  I said 'what order, I did not place an order, so there should be no order to cancel, you should not be calling me about an order that I did not finalize'.  I said I wanted my account closed.  Later I went to my VISA account online and see that there is an $80 transaction pending from this company, essentially tying up that amount of credit on my credit card.

I went back to Prepaidonline.com, clicked on my 'profile' and tried to delete my account information.  I found no way to do that.  The last thing I want is for this unethical company to have my credit card information.

Beware when you sign up with this company and give them your credit card information.  Or if you put anything in your cart.  Even removing it from the card does not stop them from trying to complete an unauthorized transaction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prepaid-Online/internet/Prepaid-Online-purchased-removed-from-cart-order-not-completed-by-me-yet-they-still-tri-693448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prepaid Online