Complaint Review: Prepaid Visa Card - Greendot.com

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: bowie — Los Angeles California United States of America
Prepaid Visa Card - Greendot.com
mygreendot.com Internet United States of America

Prepaid Visa Card - Greendot.com mygreendot.com Rip off, no customer service, no humans to answer the phone, scam Internet

I purchased a prepaid Visa card from CVS pharmacy to pay a monthly bill.  The cashier activated the card and put $30 on it as well as a $4.95 activation fee.  Then I got a call from the gym who tried to process my bill and were not able to.  So today I tried to call the customer service number on the back of the card and the answering machine says that my prepaid card is invalid.  I tried to get customer service but the service offers me no way of talking to an actual live person!!  There is no way to find out where my money went.  I called the CVS store and they said they only sell the cards and that they can do nothing to help me.  I am feeling violated and ripped off and have no way to get my money back.   I can't believe that there is no customer service,  I am so upset at the My Green Dot company and at CVS for selling a bogus card from a bogus company.  I am only thankful that I only spent 35 dollars because I almost put $100 on the card.  I am so frustrated.  And I now have to pay my monthly bill plus an overdraft fee (which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place), plus I have been ripped off for 35 dollars from the My Green Dot company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prepaid-Visa-Card-Greendotcom/internet/Prepaid-Visa-Card-Greendotcom-mygreendotcom-Rip-off-no-customer-service-no-humans-t-557515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prepaid Visa Card - Greendot.com