Complaint Review: Prepaidworx

• Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Augusta Georgia United States of America
Prepaidworx

Prepaidworx Took payment and still cut service off Internet

This company claimed that if you were on a fixed income and had Medicare, food stamps etc. you could get phone service for $25.00 per month.  Everything seemed on the up and up at first.  When the bill came in, I sent the a money order for the bill and mailed it from the Main Post Office in my home town in Georgia.  The payment only had to go to Florida and wasn't due until the 6th of February so I knew it would get there in time.  Five days ago they cut off my service claiming they never received the payment.  I called the money order company and they said the money order was cashed on 2/4/10.  For the last 5 days, I have been arguing with their online "help" (always talking to someone other than who the sign-in said it was) and they claim that they never got the payment.  They want me to send them a copy of the cashed money order (which will cost me $15.00) to prove who cashed it.  I refuse to spend any more money on this company.  They already have a faxed copy of the money receipt and will not call to verify that the money order was cashed.  I'll stick with prepaid cell phones - at least I know the payment will be applied to it when I make it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2010 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prepaidworx/internet/Prepaidworx-Took-payment-and-still-cut-service-off-Internet-569641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prepaidworx