Complaint Review: Prescott House

• Reported By: C — Prescott Arizona United States of America
Prescott House
214 N. Arizona Avenue, Prescott Arlzona Internet United States of America

Prescott House P-House P House Prescott House is a scam Internet

The Prescott House, Upon entering this so called "treatment" place, I soon realized what a terrible mistake it was.  The facilities are terrible and the staff is even worse.  They are Shame based treatment and do everything they can to tear you down and make you feel like terrible.  They brag on their website that the staff is all "graduates" of the Prescott House, so it would explain why they had the maintenance guy as a "Primary" therapist.  They list on their website that Virginia Conners is a Neuropychologist that works with them, that is if you want to spend $2000 extra dollars a month to see her at HER office.  $7000 a month and you get treatment from people in which NON of them have their masters degree and are not actually therapists.  I was not allowed to communicate with my family to express my disgust in their practices, I was only given the option to be homeless if I left there.  Their form of punishment is to make you sit at a table for 8 hours a day and write.  You must volunteer 2 hours a day.  The pictures on their website are terribly misleading, there is NO outdoor trips or anything... make if you stay over 14 months you get to go on a couple of day camping trip.  Also not to mention some of their staff and clients are registered sex offenders or trying to stay out of prison by completing their program which they forget to mention before you get their is the primary amount of clients filling the beds.

I would not send my worst enemy to this treatment center.  I was lucky to get out of there, even though I couldn't call my family and I had to walk down the streets with my bags and get ahold of my loved ones who luckily helped me get into a different treatment center which has provided me with over 8 months of wonderful life changing recovery.  If you want to pay $7000 a month to send yourself or a loved one to this place, know that you are paying that much for a dilapidated facility that I would venture to say only crack heads would inhabit if it weren't a treatment facility as well as their form of therapy is to scream while hitting a foam block.  Literally I saw people screaming and hitting a foam block at least twice a day.  I have never been so unimpressed by how rude and belligerent the staff is.  I truly would never want the life that ANY of them have.  Unless your perhaps a sex addict avoiding Protective Care Prison time, DO NOT even think about going here.  I'm happy that I was afforded the opportunity to go to a place that treated me with dignity and provided me a new life!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prescott-House/internet/Prescott-House-P-House-P-House-Prescott-House-is-a-scam-Internet-967212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prescott House