Complaint Review: Presidential Pools VA

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 12, 2011

• Reported By: Pool Nightmare in King William — West Point Virginia United States of America
Presidential Pools VA
1528 New York Ave, VA Beach, VA 23454 Va Beach, Virginia United States of America

Presidential Pools VA Presidential Pools of Va Frank Gravatt owner Presidential Pools of Va Frank Gravatt owner of a Scamming POOL company from Va Beach... Watchout for them! Va Beach , Virginia

Late August 2010 is when this nighmare begins. Looking to install an above ground pool I began looking online (craigslist) for used ones. I found one that seemed to be what I was looking for. I contacted the people (partner in crime, Renee), and through conversation decided to purchase the pool. I also contracted the this so called "Pool Company" to install the pool. They showed up like 11am to begin (what normally takes atleast a full day to do) the pool installation. They had no real equiptment other than a four foot level and a screw driver or two. I was a little confused by that but what did I know, they claimed to be "Professionals". In origional conversation i was asked if the ground was level...I'm not a pool installer so to me that could have meant anything, and it did. I said "yes, is it level(?) or flat...it use to be a cornfield". Know Im no idiot but without knowing anything about pool installation how would I know what their looking for? Ok so now their here, and can SEE with their own eyes what I have and they NEVER once told me that the ground was completey UNLEVEL and it needed to be leveled to install a pool. Yes you guessed it, they install the pool on completly unlevel ground. When I say completely unlevel ground I am saying, at the highest point to the lowest point was about 13", yes 13". Now the pool is up and water going in and several hours into filling Im really starting to see the problem. The water is about 12" deeper on one side. So I call Renee (partner in crime) to tell her and she then tells me that the pool will level itself out. Again, Im no idiot so that wasn't going to work for me. I stopped filling it and waited for the imfamous Frank to show up to "fix" it. Here's where things get really good. He jacks the pool up on the low side, slides an unopened bag of concrete under three to four of the support beams, back fills with the sand and then covers the sand with yet more concrete. At this point Im done. They try to convince me they are "PROS" and I tell them to extend the warranty a year and they agree to the two yr warrenty. It's too cold to enjoy the pool at this point so I close it for the winter.
    Now its May of 2011 and time to open the pool and enjoy it for the summer...NOT. The new filter is spraying water everywhere. I replace it thinking it was broken only to find out the it wasn't broken, it was a gasket problem. I get the pool ready for use and the FIRST day my kids get in it the liner rips. It rips in an unusual place, behind the ladder and about 5" from the top. No pool toys are in the pool as we dont have anything other than 4 noodles. No one could reach that area because of the ladder and the rip happened to the HIGH side of the pool, which leads me to believe the extra pressure of people in the pool was too much fot the liner as it was already under much strain from the unlevelness of my pool. I contact Renne and she states that the liner is under warrenty if it is deffective (which it wasn't...it was a new liner). I asked her is it warrented against poor installation and never got any response. At this time Im really upset and want to use my pool so I call a local pool professional and he is amazed that my pool is standing. He's never seen anything like this before. He shows me all the reasons why my pool was unsafely installed. Now Im not getting anywhere with "Presidential Fools" so I hire my local pool company who is, licesensed and part of the BBB, to take down my mess and level the ground and reinstall my pool. Now taking on more expense to get this pool up and SAFELY enjoyable more problems arise. "Presidential Fools" put my pool up so badly that they had to modify it. They cut 2 stabbalizer rails, 2 galvanized top seat rails and 1 resin joint to make it fit their mistakes. Now I've got my pool up and what do you know I can't finish until I find new top seats...which is not easy to find. So i again am left with a mess thanks the professionals at "Presidential Pools of Va" Thanks Frank and Renee for scamming yet another one of your fellow Americans. BEWARE of this duo...they are the "PROS" of pool scam!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presidential-Pools-VA/Va-Beach-Virginia-23454/Presidential-Pools-VA-Presidential-Pools-of-Va-Frank-Gravatt-owner-Presidential-Pools-of-V-751753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presidential Pools VA