Complaint Review: Presidents Choice Master Card

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: TTk — Roseland Alberta
Presidents Choice Master Card
P.O. Box 4403 STN A, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Presidents Choice Master Card With held my cash, shut off my credit card, accused me of fraud Toronto, Ontario Canada

About a year ago (late 2011-early 2012) I applied for and received a Presidents Choice Master card. I was starting to rebuild my credit so I had applied for the lowest possible credit limit, for them it was $100.00. I received the card, activated it and had used it. I had made payments and nothing was out of the ordinary. At the end of 2012 I received a letter from the company informing me that because they had never confirmed my identity, their fraud department wanted me to prove who I was. I was to send a $1.00 cheque made out to the company, it would be applied to my bill.

After I called and confirmed with the company of this practice, I sent a cheque. I was a little put off at the idea that after about a year, now they were worried about who I was. The bills came to a residence in canada, paid through a Canadian Bank, my phone number everything was in Canada. But, ok I guess in this day and age it can be faked. I called about a week later, the cheque still hadnt been processed and my card was still frozen.  I received the cheque returned to me in the mail. I called and the man I spoke to said he had no idea why it was returned. I sent another one.

Called a week later, still not applied to my account.  It is now three months later, and now they have decided that they cannot release the hold on my card. They are shutting it off and I can reaply at a later date. The cheque was applied this time. However, I have a credit on the card. I made a small over payment. What happens now? Well, I can give them my banking info or I can have them cut me a cheque. But....... For them to cut me this cheque, there is a small fee. $20.00
Really??? So of the credit I have on the card I lose $20.00?

Its my money. The card has an overpayment. Why do they get to keep another $20.00 of my money. They have already had a years worth of fees from my use of the card. I think that if I was not to have this card to begin with then they should be returning any and all fees they received.  Nice way to screw people out of more and more of their hard earned money. I will NEVER apply for another card from them, i will Never suggest their company to anyone. I already have two friends who have cut up their cards and left the company. I hope more and more people see the ignorance and leave.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presidents-Choice-Master-Card/Toronto-Ontario-M5W-5Y4/Presidents-Choice-Master-Card-With-held-my-cash-shut-off-my-credit-card-accused-me-of-f-1035772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presidents Choice Master Card