sequence

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: James — Mauldin South Carolina United States of America
Presonus
7257 Florida Blvd. Baton Rouge, Louisiana United States of America

Presonus PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc. Defective product + outrageous charge to repair = rip off Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I purchased a Presonus firestudio Project recording interface in 2009. I paid $400 for this piece of equipment. I assumed that since it would be a studio piece of equipment that I would never have to worry about it wearing out. Its job was to sit on a rack and direct incoming signal to my computer. There would be no travel or out of studio use. I did not use this device daily and when I didnt use it I turned it off.
Over the time I used it I recorded a few hundred songs. I recorded one and a half albums. And then in 2012 it died. Right in the middle of an album. I was forced to use a two channel interface instead of my Presonus which is an 8 channel interface.
I contacted the company shortly after this and after emailing them for a month I was sent a shipping number and a form to fill out. The form had a place for my credit card number and a list of charges for various pieces. The charge was $95. for repair.
This I didnt understand, I paid $400 for this unit, and never mistreated it, and the company wants another $95 to fix their defective equipment. This is wrong, if they want to charge a shipping charge - fine. But trying to take more of my money for a defective piece of crap, well thats wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presonus/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-70806/Presonus-PreSonus-Audio-Electronics-Inc-Defective-product-outrageous-charge-to-repair-993067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presonus