Complaint Review: Pressler And Pressler, LLP

• Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By: Lisa — Syracuse New York United States of America
Pressler And Pressler, LLP
7 Entin Road Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Pressler And Pressler, LLP Filed a judgement against me when my husband lost his job, even though I sent them money every month. Parsippany, New Jersey

I have an account with Pressler and Pressler due to loss of income.  I was paying them so much a month, but when my husband lost his job and we couldn't pay hardly any bills. I dropped the amount I sent to more than half of what I was paying.  Instead of 75, I sent 40.  Even though we were having a hard time paying for groceries and the mortgage and everything else.

Pressler did not like this, or my explanation, so they filed a judgment against me, ordered interest due on the account, and has harassed me until my phone got disconnected.  Then they returned checks to me for being post-dated.  They did not return the check until about  5 days after I dated it, making my account late.  They could have easily waited the one day that it was early, and cashed the check.  But they returned my check after the end of the month, so that my payment would be late.

When this account entered into collections, it was 3996.84.  They are trying to tell me that I still owe 3629.51, and I have been paying on this account since 2002.  I was charged court fees, interest, and other crap because of hardship.   I was told by another attorney's office, that once an account enters into an attorney's office for collection, all interest stops.  Not so with these people.  They will harass you until you have no choice but do something tragic, just to be rid of them.  They should be disbarred.  This is no way to treat people when they call, explain the situation, and continue sending in something toward the account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pressler-And-Pressler-LLP/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Pressler-And-Pressler-LLP-Filed-a-judgement-against-me-when-my-husband-lost-his-job-eve-517242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pressler And Pressler, LLP