Complaint Review: Pressler And Pressler

110 Jefferson Rd. Suite104 Whippany, New Jersey United States of America
  • Phone: 1-888-989-8300
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Pressler And Pressler New Century Financial bank has a hold on Social Security funds. Whippany, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Much more to the story here..

on april 12th I called by my mom to state her social security money was gone,that was all she had left. the checking was in both our names,the saving was in my name only, because my mom did not want to have access to that money so she would not spend it so quickly. the accounts were in my name for name only.no funds of mine was put in the accounts.my mother spent her social security check to attend court on May 7th,2012.no one showed up for court from pressler and
Pressler.  I was trying to get my moms money back and then Justin the person I spoke to was so busy trying to make me commit to a payment plan. I just wanted them to give my mom back her money.I feel so bad because she did not deserve this to happen with her last $2,000.00.I am surprise that a debt that was in 1995,I had not been in contact since 1998. the statute of limitations was six years so I do not understand why they could get a judge to operate this way. because they did not show up in court I  was hoping the judge would have enter a default against  the law firm.did not happen. we were told by the judge that we have to wait for them to request the money,who knows how long that will take.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2012 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pressler-And-Pressler/Whippany-New-Jersey-07981/Pressler-And-Pressler-New-Century-Financial-bank-has-a-hold-on-Social-Security-funds-Whip-882298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pressler And Pressler

Much more to the story here..

AUTHOR: Southern Chemical and Equipment LLC - (USA)

It appears that a basic lack of financial education is the problem here.

Nobody can take your money from your bank account without FIRST suing you, winning, and then obtaining a judgement.

Therefore, at some point you failed to respond to the legal process altogether, or you showed and lost.

Granted, Pressler & Pressler are a bunch of botton feeding scum, but all that means is that you must be more vigilant in protecting yourself.

Once you put your name on a bank account, for legal purposes, that money is yours.

If your mother cannot manage here money or her impulse control, that is a separate issue.

You need to learn how to stay off the phone! I can tell that you like to get on the phone to try and fix your problems, but in reality to make them worse because you don't know the law.

At this point, you need to get a lawyer, because you are obviously not smart enough to do all of this for yourself.

Get a lawyer TODAY, and STAY OFF THE PHONE!!!