Complaint Review: Prestige Auto Group

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: stressedoutlady — Warner Robins Georgia United States of America
Prestige Auto Group
1089 Eisenhower Pkwy Macon, Georgia United States of America

Prestige Auto Group McGill Auto Group Gas pedal gives out, very hard to start, TERRIBLE customer service Macon, Georgia

I bought this car and it was hard to start up from the beginning, something that Bill told me would be fixed after they bought some computer. Also, my fuel gauge doesnt work. What's worse, my car's gas pedal randomly gives out. On highways, roads, intersections. Whenever it feels like not accelerating anymore, it wont. I have been in near accidents countless times, hearing screeching brakes behind me on the highway many times per week.

I have taken this car back to Prestige over 20 times, mostly in the first month of having this car. I have been told by one of the machanics that he put a "zip tie" on my gas pedal's sensor to keep it from giving out. I have also been charged $16 after sitting in their shop for over 6 hours! They told me that "someone" had been snooping around inder my hood and "stole" fuses. So they "replaced" the stolen fuses, and that was the car's problem.

I have countless video evidence that this car should not have been sold and is a danger to me and my family. I pay them $300 on time every single month, and I feel like I am paying them for car trouble.

I even know about the terrible customer service. Bill started yelling at me over the phone almost immediately after I simply asked him a question about my car. I had to put my husband on the phone because he would not stop yelling at me. Now, his only "leverage" is telling me that I should "bring the car in so they can take a look at it because they have no way of telling what's wrong with my car after all this time has lapsed." Its doing the exact same thing its been doing and they could not/would not fix it.

Once, after waiting 4 hours for my car to get repaired, Bill and another mechanic told me that I could not leave because my car isnt running. I asked how that could be when it was running when I brought it in, they only huffed and brought me my car. My husband, nephew, and I sputtered home, car stalling randomly, and wouldnt remain cranked. I went to another mechanic and he immediately told me the mechanics didnt put my air intake system back on properly, didnt secure it with screws, nothing. He also said that no mechanic would overlook something like that before returning the vehicle to a customer.

There are devices on this car, one that controls my car due to payments, and one that runs GPS. There have been a couple of times where this payment system has failed and my car was cut off due to this payment system. I have never been late on a payment so my car should never be cut off.

I am forced to deal with Bill's wife, Diana, who came into the picture much later after I bought my car. She has unnecessarily harassed me involving car insurance, and, at this point, will not even deal with me over the phone, when she was so eager to before. I have proven to them that I am not a pushover and that is not appreciated at this place of "business."

Everything that I have experienced with this place cannot be detailed here because honestly, there is no end to this nightmare. I have been driving this car with random gas pedal failure for months, and to no fix. They only keep telling me to bring it in, bring it in. Why should I trust them at this point, when they have already shown utter disregard for my and my family's safety?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Auto-Group/Macon-Georgia-/Prestige-Auto-Group-McGill-Auto-Group-Gas-pedal-gives-out-very-hard-to-start-TERRIBLE-cu-1004243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Auto Group