- Report: #913124
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Prestige Auto Sales INC
Prestige Auto Sales INC2727 Philmont Ave Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania United States of America
Prestige Auto Sales INC Ebay account name - best***buy Vehicle description was false Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
*Consumer Comment: As always - buyer beware
*Author of original report: Movin' on
*Consumer Comment: Car company should pay for everything
*Consumer Comment: RE: Prestige Auto Sales - Huntigdon Valley, PA
*Author of original report: The guy was a piece of work!
*Consumer Comment: Also got ripped
*General Comment: when somebody goes public with allegations
*Consumer Comment: Hey outlaw!
*Consumer Comment: Sounds like more than myself is fed up
*Author of original report: Jim in Orlando
*Consumer Comment: P. T. Is Proud!
*Consumer Comment: That sucks.
*General Comment: rule 1, never never never
inoperable. This wasn't mentioned in the Ebay add nor during any conversations previously and I had a conversation with the seller less than 2 hours before arriving to pick up the vehicle.
Upon further examination of the vehicle I found the following items not mentioned in the Ebay add that were damaged on the vehicle (1) The exhaust pipe was missing. Approximately 5-6 feet was broken off at the muffler.
(2) The rear window fell down inside the car as I was inspecting the vehicle.
(3) The under carrige had been sprayed extensively with a rubber coating to cover up the extensive rust on the frame, axles, brake assemblies, exhaust components, various frame brackets, and main sub frame of the vehicle. [continued below]....
(4) The vehicle had no tire change-jacks, tire lowering ratchets, etc. anywhere inside the vehicle. I discovered this upon
further inspections of the vehicle. The seller never mentioned this during phone calls, in the Ebay add, or during my initial inspection
(5) The rims had locking lug nuts but the seller didn't have a key to remove them.
Again NONE of this information was explained in the add or during any of the 5 conversations I had with the seller before bidding/purchasing the vehicle.
The seller indicated they would reinburse me for my deposit, however since I felt it wasn't wise to complete the entire transaction on this vehicle, I had to spend my own money to buy return airline tickets back home, pay for a hotel as I couldn't get a flight back on the same day, all due to the fact this vehicle wasn't explained to have these defects before bidding took place, or after I had won the bid. I live 1000 miles away from the seller and was required to pickup the vehicle or I would incurr daily charges for storage fees on the vehicle. I spent $643.00 out of my own pocket after the seller took me back to the airport within 2 hours after inspecting the vehicle as I couldn't get a flight back home and had to get a hotel and rental car until I could get a flight back home on Monday 07/16/12. Had I been informed of these issues I would have never bid on the vehicle.
Due to the extensive rust issues I was informed by a ASE certified mechanic this vehile would have been unsafe to drive back to my home. I was also told that since the exhaust was exiting directly onto the rear end axle area, there was a
strong possiblity the rear end oils would have overheated and subquently overheated and damaged the rear end axle assembly of the vehicle. I fell I should be reinbursed for my trip back home and costs incurred due to me not
being able to drive this vehicle home as previously planned.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 04:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Auto-Sales-INC/Huntingdon-Valley-Pennsylvania-19006/Prestige-Auto-Sales-INC-Ebay-account-name-bestbuy-Vehicle-description-was-false-Hunt-913124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)