Complaint Review: Prestige Field Services

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: Vicki — Superior Colorado
Prestige Field Services
8119 S. Schaffer Pkwy Littleton, Colorado United States of America

Prestige Field Services Crooks that do not pay their contractors! Littleton, Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Update on Prestige Field Services(Retraction)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Prestige Field Services Are 100% crooks

*Author of original report: The Real Truth

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth

Do not work for this business!  They do not pay their contractors as promised.  They come up with all kinds of excuses not to pay you.  They will tell you their client has not paid them so they cannot pay you.  They will tell you they will not pay you because your inspections were turned in late even though they gave them to you after the day they were due.  They will tell you they will pay you a higher amount for properties that are far away and then they don't pay you the higher amount.

They only pay once a month by direct deposit and will not provide you with a statement that tells you what they are paying you for.  This is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for.  You will end up spending more on gas than you will make!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Field-Services/Littleton-Colorado-80127/Prestige-Field-Services-Crooks-that-do-not-pay-their-contractors-Littleton-Colorado-1039771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Field Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Update on Prestige Field Services(Retraction)

AUTHOR: Kurt H - ()

I was recently contacted by Jeff who had apparently been away from work for a week or so. He is currently taking steps to rectify the situation with me. As of today I have been paid for about 90% of the work I completed. As it turns out it was apparently a situation of Prestige not being paid by the client they contract for. I feel sympathetic that Jeff and Prestige got blamed by me for the non-payment when it was apparently a case of them not getting paid.

In conclusion I would like to retract my previous statements about Prestige & Jeff. Prestige & Jeff are not trying to con anyone they just had not been paid by the client and this was not communicated to me until recently.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Prestige Field Services Are 100% crooks

AUTHOR: Kurt H - ()

I am a very experienced property inspector and have contracted for multiple companies. I recently took a contract from prestige field services and Jeff Jenson. I did not require any training since I am so experienced. I helped them out greatly and completed about 60 or 70 inspections. They do not pay their sub contract inspectors at all. At least they did not pay me one cent. They are 100% conartist commiting crimes by getting people to inspect for them and then not paying them. I do not know if anyone has ever gotten paid by them and I am suprised that there are only 2 of us that have filed complaints. I may not be able to do much but I intend on posting on craigslist a warning in my area not to work for them. My aunt is a business Laywer and I will look into a lawsuit.

The Real Truth

AUTHOR: Vicki - ()

Some people will lie about anything to make themselves look good.  The inspector who filed the complaint QUIT doing inspections for Prestige Field Service because they were repeatedly not being paid.  Yes, communication is very important for any business and contractor relationship.  The problem is Jeff did not respond to several emails, voice messages and text messages regarding pay discrepancies.  He not only refuses to respond to his contractors, he has lost numerous clients due to not responding to them.  There is a very high turn over at this company because they do not pay as promised.

The Truth

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

Prestige Field Service is a company that performs mortgage inspections in multiple states and has used the services of hundreds of contractors that understand the process of this industry.  We have multiple regional and national clients that are the middle men between our inspectors and the mortgage companies.  Each client has specific requirements on how they want inspections completed. Additionally, every client has deadlines for each inspection and if the inspection is late then they will not pay for the inspection, but will still require us to complete it.

If the inspection goes really late then not only will we not
get paid for the inspection our clients will charge us for them.  If the inspection is still not completed the inspection will be reassigned to another inspector or company that will complete the inspection at whatever fee they agree on and we will be back-charged for that fee.  This process is spelled out in the Prestige Field Service contract with our clients, as well as each sub-contractor contract.  For this reason late inspections are not tolerated.  If inspectors let inspections go late they jeopardize our relationship with our clients which will put at risk every inspectors income in all the states we do business in.

Prestige Field Service has no employees; everyone from management to the inspectors are all sub-contracted.  Just as Prestige Field Service is a sub-contractor for its clients.  Per every contract each sub-contractor is required to submit an invoice each month for payment.  If an invoice is not submitted pay is determined based off the information in our website.  So if a higher price for an inspection was negotiated or a manual inspection completed not in the system then that information is on the invoice and will be paid for.  Even if our sub-contractors forget to turn in an invoice and they notice discrepancies with their pay we work out the issue with them and will pay any difference.

Our clients pay out every 30 to 60 days on the work that we turn in; we don't expect our subcontractors to have to go more than 30 days so everyone is paid once a month.  We don't hide any of this information from our sub-contractors and it is in their contract paperwork before ever start to complete inspections.

Unfortunately after 8 months of work the inspector who wrote this report was told that they would no longer be contracted to complete inspections. Because of the lateness of inspections and the lack of communication with the office manager they were let go as a contracted employee.   Furthermore this previous employee was given multiple warnings about letting inspections go late in their area.

If you are an organized, motivated individual that likes to work on your own and can meet deadlines, this industry can be very profitable.  This line of work does require time in your car and in front of your computer and is not for everyone.  We work with our sub-contractors and try to make it a win-win situation for everyone.  Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

Thank you for taking the time to read this rebuttal.  If you are in contact with any of our managers don't hesitate to ask them about anything regarding our business and make sure all your questions are answered.  We always tell our inspectors that good communication can take care of any frustrations or concerns they're having.