Complaint Review: Prestige Financial, Larry H Miller

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 21, 2007

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Prestige Financial, Larry H Miller
1414 S 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial, Larry H Miller illegitimate fees, harassment, rip off Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: re

When I first bought a car financed by this company they started calling me every day during the week BEFORE my payment was due! Sometimes they would call 2-3 times a day!

One time my paycheck fell 2 days past my payment date. They called me several times a day before that and then argued that I had no grace period. That was a lie! I had to take my copy of the contract down to them to prove I had a 10 day grace period.

During those 2 days they called me upwards of 10 times a day! and threatened to repo the car, for being 2 DAYS LATE!!

On top of that they constantly charged me fees for being late, when I payed on the due date! they said I had to pay before that day to be ontime!

Don't mail your payment! they will ALWAYS claim that they received it late!!

They will raise your interest rate without telling you!

If they reposes your car, they will charge you for it AND they won't pay the towing company, you have to or you don't get your stuff back!! Prestige tried to charge me over $2000 as a reposesion fee!

This would work except for the fact that I volunteered to give the car back since I was so sick of them. I was supposed to deliver the car to them on wednesday, and they sent the repo man on tuesday.

They will call and threaten all of your references! These people have nothing to do with your contract, but they will call them every day. They even threatened two of my references with violance!

They will find phone numbers for you and your references that you don't list and harass you and them constantly. They will threaten to collect your car payment from your references and do everything they can to make you look like a deadbeat and ruin your relationships with these people.

All of this starts everytime you are just 1 DAY LATE!!!! Even when you prove, like I did, that you have a 10 day grace period. I hope the District Attourney or lawyers see this and go after this company and its owner, Larry H Miller.

Kyle
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2005 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial-Larry-H-Miller/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115-5149/Prestige-Financial-Larry-H-Miller-illegitimate-fees-harassment-rip-off-Salt-Lake-City-U-145392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial, Larry H Miller

re

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I financed through these piranhas BUT I get a cashier's check for the full payment amount and physically take it to their office a few days BEFORE the due date. They then give me a receipt with the date on it so I have ammo if these chumps try to claim that I am late with a payment. I suggest you do the same. So far I have not had any problems.

21% for a car loan is legalized extortion in my opinion but then again I didn't have to sign the papers. Allegedly my interest rates drops by a whopping 1/2% every six months assuming payments are made on time. We will see. In six months I can refinance at my Credit Union for 6%. Hmmm. Wonder which one I will go with?????