Complaint Review: Prestige Financial Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 09, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 09, 2003

• Reported By:Santa Fe New Mexico
Prestige Financial Services, Inc.
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial Services, Inc. Deceptive Loan Process and Unethical Collection Practices abused & mistreated Salt Lake City Utah

When I purchased my vehicle using the financing via Prestige Financial Services, I was told by their personnel only that the loan was a "zero grace period" loan.

I asked for clarification and they told me that this means that they can repo the car if it is one-day late. I accepted those terms. However, when I did get behind a couple of times, their phone calls became very unfair and unethical.

I requested that they just go ahead and pickup the car, but each time they refused. They just kept playing games and psychological tricks on the phone and then proceeded to tell me that they would get all of their money out of me somehow by not only repossessing the car, but also by garnishing my wages! One time they even threatened to send over the police!

Needless to say, they scared and threatened me so much that I suffered a lot of mental and physical anguish. In addition, I have been stuck with a predatory high interest rate of 20% from the beginning and my payment is outrageous.

I have since been on-time with my payments and I still have about 3 years on the note. Once I have paid the note off in full, I have NO intention of ever doing business with this company again. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2003 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial-Services-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Prestige-Financial-Services-Inc-Deceptive-Loan-Process-and-Unethical-Collection-Practice-52265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial Services, Inc.