Complaint Review: Prestige Financial Svcs

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Littleton Colorado
Prestige Financial Svcs
90 W 11000 S Sandy, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 801-844-2100
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Prestige Financial Svcs Bas Business in Utah Sandy Utah

* : Presitige my a$s

*Consumer Suggestion: Prestige Financial

I purchased a car from a local Dodge dealer they set up financing through Prestige financial. I agreed to the terms of the deal. This was in August. the next day I got a call from prestige financial telling me that they have to change the terms of the deal or they will have to take the car.They jacked up my rate but I still went along with it and made my payment. In September I was hit by a driver and the car was totaled. I called prestige to let them know what had happened but before i could say anything the person that answered started yelling at me to make a payment that wasnt due.She told me she was going to send someone to get the car. I told her to go ahead that I would put it in a box for her since it was a total loss. The insurance company paid them off and that should have been that.
In October they called me and told me I was passed due in my payment,I explained that they had been paid already.a few days later late at night a strange women came to my door and gave me a summons to appear in court in Salt Lake City! I dont even live in Utah or anywhere near Salt Lake City. So I sent a certified letter to the courts asking if I could appear over the phone since I didnt live there.They did not respond until after the court date so of course I lost with out due process. Recently I checked my credit report and it is listed as being sued twice and there is no way to get it off with out a lawyer.I think we all know what happens to companies like this.I am sure you will see them in the news for criminal behavior.steer clear of them.

Mike
Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial-Svcs/Sandy-Utah-84070/Prestige-Financial-Svcs-Bas-Business-in-Utah-Sandy-Utah-466921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial Svcs

#1

Presitige my a$s

AUTHOR: Traci - (USA)

This company is a total joke! I have had my car with them for 2 years now and always had made our payments on time. My husband was injured in Iraq and medically retired and it took forever to get the VA benefits.

Today 1 day late and I had no kidding, 10 calls in 1 hours, every 5 mins, then some douche bag name Kristopher Pendelton one of their 500 Vice presidents called and left a message and then he called my friend and told him he was calling because our car payment was late and then he emailed me.

So i called and made my payment and also set up septembers so they don't call 500 times a day.

It is illegal for them to tell 3rd parties why they are calling, they can say who they are but not say "her car payment is late".

Like many others, I have tried to make a due date change which they refuse to do. Who the hell doesn't change a due date? Every bank is willing to do so if it gets them paid in time.

Words don't describe the irritation these hemoroidal people give me. Don't let them scare you because they are blowing smoke out of their a*s.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Prestige Financial

AUTHOR: Bullthistle - (U.S.A.)

Whew you chose a lousy company to finance with because there are law firms that will not handle defaulted matters for them and we all know how $$$$$ lawyers are. Sorry for your problem. Check with the AG's office in Denver, good luck because here in NC the AG's office is brain dead, and see if there is a link for a state regulatory agency that oversees finance companies that you can file a complaint with, the FTC is useless, and get all your ducks in a row before you file a complaint because if I am not mistaken they cannot legally serve you papers to appear in a foreign court, which means they probably couldn't find a law firm in CO to file a complaint. Try that before contacting a lawyer or you will be raped for a third time. Good luck!