• Report: #320910

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:albuquerque New Mexico
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial Prestige Financial Unfair Collection Practices-Totally in violation of F.D.C.P.A. BUT Larry Miller can afford it! Salt Lake City Utah

I have been paying ON TIME to Prestige Financial on my car for 18 months now. I am 3 days late and just got a call from "Todd" who was very threatening. He called from a local number,not Utah. He basically told me how bad I was and told me to call my "friends" I gave as references and to get $100.00 from each of them. He even named them. I actually started crying because he was so mean . I told him I would get him the money before Monday's month end and he didn't have to be so mean. He said I was trying to make HIM out as "the bad guy" when it was me. He told me that it will go to the board on 4/1/08 and that could put the investors in jeopardy.

Imagine that! ME putting Larry Miller out of business. He is a multi billionaire! I tried to trade this vehicle last week and was told I am "upside down" by about 4 grand. Prestige WOULD refinance me if I will come up with $4000.00 to get out of my first mistake. This is most likely the biggest mistake I have ever made and I am well into middle-age. Bad things really DO happen to good people and Larry Miller dealerships, through Prestige Fianancial CAN help people get into a vehicle, but it's unfornutate that is is NOT for the right reason (to HELP) but ONLY to make a profit from poor and unfornutate people. I am now going to the federal website to file a complaint against their collection practices.

Cinalbuquerque
albuquerque, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Prestige-Financial-Prestige-Financial-Unfair-Collection-Practices-Totally-in-violation-of-320910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial