returns

• Submitted: Tue, September 07, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 22, 2004

• Reported By:washington Washington
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial Ripoff Harrassing calls to the point of being fired Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Prestige Financial still llowing ROY to harrass us

*Consumer Suggestion: Fair Debt Collections They can be held liable

My husband and I bought a Yukon that turned out to be a lemon. we reported it to Roy at Prestige but he refused to help us. We couldn't make the payments and get the truck fixed because this was major repair. we had to have transportation for my husband to get to work so we had to fix it. we got behind on the truck and because my husband isn't aloud to get calls they started calling me everyday sometimes twice or three times a day.

Roy yelled at the front desk receptionist because she tried to tell him he can't harrass me at work. We finally got our lawyer involved but she said she could only help us so much. We tried to return it and they told us our wages would be garnished. I have already got a warning at work because of these calls from my executive director. My next step is to file harrassment charges. If I lose my job there will be a lawsuit both to the company and to Roy personally. They have put us in a position that we cannot get out of.

Tammy
washington, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2004 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Prestige-Financial-Ripoff-Harrassing-calls-to-the-point-of-being-fired-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-107318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial

Prestige Financial still llowing ROY to harrass us

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

After writing you about our problems with Prestige and their account representative "Roy" we had a call from presitige special investigations. They promised to look into our problem with the (lemon) truck we cannot afford to keep fixing in order to drive so we cannot afford the payment because we had to buy dependable transportation.

Since then Roy Has not called my work but has instead decided to call up my husband and call him a liar, tell him he's making up stories and yell at him.

He also made reference to our lawyer saying that she wanted nothing more to do with this. We called our lawyer and asked for a copy of the letter she had sent.

It simply stated that any further communications should be referred to us. We had to stop using her because of the costs but have since talked to her and she is going back on the case.

Roy was told not to call us because the special investigations person was taking our case on. He continues to harrass us even though we were assured he would not.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Fair Debt Collections They can be held liable

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Hi,
Under the Fair Debt Collections Act, you cannot be contacted at work once you notify the collector that it will adversly affect your employment.
Type a letter stating the above and hand deliver and have them sign for it. Or send it registered mail.
If they continue to contact you, contact an attorney and your state attorney general and file a complaint. They can be held liable for up to $500,000 or 10% of the assets of the company.