Complaint Review: Prestige Financial

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2008

• Reported By:Somewhere Maryland
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial They went TOOOOOO far!! Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

I purchased a vehicle from a local HUGE car dealership that specializes in financing for people with "less than perfect credit". I had NEVER heard of Prestige Financial until they became my finance company. I made all of my payments on time & then inadvertently, I was out of town & on the day my payment was due, I received a phone call from Jared (acct. rep.) telling me that the last mail run had just come & that my payment was not in the mail & this type of negligence would not be tolerated & if I didn't Western Union my payment to them within the next hour, then they would come to repossess my vehicle!!!!! Me, being the person that I am, I told him to "come get it"! Lo & behold they didn't!! After that, my payments wer all made on time until I began to have some financial difficulties due to a severe illness with my daughter. I called them & asked to get a waiver for a month (add the pymt. to the end of my loan) & they refused. To make a long story short...I played "heck" trying to get caught up...mind you, I was NEVER more than 30 days late. Finally, they began the CRAZY calling practices to all of my family members that I listed as my references when I made the purchase & then they went too far. Just recently, they called my parents home & my mother told them that I did not live there, so she would appreciate it if they would STOP calling her house. She (my mom) hung up..Sara (acct. mgr. #5 in 2 yrs.) called back, my mom didn't answer, Sara called back again (mom didn't answer)...after call #4 w/in 7 mins., Sara leaves a message on the answering machine saying that she knows that the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree" & that me & my mother need to "grow up" & be women & learn how to pay our bills on time. She continued on by making comments about me being an "unfit" mother & not being able to raise/take care of my own daughter, etc. WHAT THE HELL DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO DO WITH A CAR PAYMENT????? Let alone the fact that I have a severely/chronically ill child that suffers from many different illnesses that could take her life at any time!!!! I was totally blown away by her comments, so YES, I called her back & left her a voice message & let her "have it"!!! I told her & the company what they could do for me & that they could come get their vehicle & kiss my @!$...once again, my payment was only 11 days late at this time. Would you believe...1:30 am (that same night/morning), I hear a noise, I look outside & the tow truck is backing up to repossess my vehicle. I run outside in the cold in my PJ's & I ask the guy just let me get my items out of the vehicle (which he did). The tow truck driver didn't want to take the vehicle, because he was able to see how much of a payment I owed, but he had to do his job.

Just to let Prestige know...1 monkey (your company) don't stop no show(slang)!!! I went 4 days later & purchased a new vehicle (newer, less miles & with a decent dinance company)...oh yeah, my payments are $100- cheaper a month!! Thanks Prestige you actually did me a HUGE favor!!!

Ms. WAM
Somewhere, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2007 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Prestige-Financial-They-went-TOOOOOO-far-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-291355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Princesslisa - (U.S.A.)

Working for a large bank and knowing the laws about collections I would suggest that you and your mother go and file a complaint about the harrassment. What they said in their message was against federal collection laws.

#2 Consumer Suggestion