Complaint Review: Prestige Financial

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 08, 2009

• Reported By:White City Kansas
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial Hidden Fees attached at the end of loan Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Prestige Financial

I have been paying for my vehicle for the last five years. I have had late payments during that time. I would look on line to see the balance of my account and it was much more then the amount listed on the history statement that I would have to call and ask for. When I called to see the correct balance of my account I asked the person on the line to track the statement history with me. When I ran down the list of fees listed on the history statement and the payment made, we both came up with the same total. However the total listed on line was still more. He got a little nervous and transferred me to Leah.

She was one of the people that had worked on my account when it was behind. She told me that she could not see what the customer service side of the account reflected as the current balance. She then explained that it could be the late fee charges that were making the total increase. I sat on the phone and read the contract to her and yes it does state that the company can charge late fees how ever no were does it say that they can hide those fees from me for five years and tack it all on at the end of the loan. While looking at the history statement it has a column for fees. The fees listed are the ones taken every time I have ever done a check by phone. No were on the history statement does it show late fees. I owe $679.00 on my vehicle according to my history statement and all payments by phone have been with the over the phone fee charged at the time of payment. At the end of this month I will have paid my vehicle off but they have all this late fees that they want to collect now at the end of the loan.

It was my understanding that it is legal to change a late fee but that fee is to not be hidden and then tacked on at the end of the loan. That should have been taken out of the payments made each time. Why do they hide these fees from the customer and I was under the impression that if there is a fees section listed on my payment statement should that not be listed there? Why are the late fees a secret and I as the customer not told about it until five years into the loan?

Jennelr
White City, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/Prestige-Financial-Hidden-Fees-attached-at-the-end-of-loan-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-392306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial

Prestige Financial

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

attorney general office in your state and the fedreral trade commission in washington dc you can get these and the adresses from the internet the more complants the better.