Complaint Review: Prestige Financial

• Submitted: Sun, November 06, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 06, 2005

• Reported By:Littleton Colorado
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Prestige Financial ripoff Salt Lake City Utah

I am so glad I found this website. I have had my car loan for about a year and a half. I had never heard of Prestige Financial before. I had heard of Larry H. Miller dealerships, as I was an operator and connected people there.

I did not know that Larry H. Miller was affiliated with Prestige Financial until I filed 5 complaints against them in August with the BBB. I also filed harrassment complaints with one of the senators in Utah that has a task force against financial institutions. Why this company has not been shut down by authorities is beyond me. There collection efforts are illegal, they threaten and harrass.

My biggest complaint is May, my account rep. called me 6 times in one day, including 4 of them within 3 minutes of each other! This is the only car loan I have had that will not work with me. I even had the call transferred to a supervisor, to which instead of dealing with me, threatened to sue me. I was only a month behind in payments. I wrote a letter to George Cook, marked personal and confidential knowing he would directly get it. When I was called this same supervisor told me she "had received my letter" When I questioned as to why she opened a letter marked personal and confidental, I never got a straight answer, only a threat.

I got so aggravated at them, that I told them to come to Colorado and pick up the car! When another representative told me "maam that isnt an option" it told me that Prestige Financial lies and shouldnt be their threats should not be taken seriously.

I also got a phone call from May claiming they had "changed their computer system" Noonenformed me of that. And how the people that processed the payment "needed to research to find it" What proceeded was me, contacting my bank, verifying it had indeed been cashed, and spending my money faxing them proof, to which the cancelled check they had blacked out the account number, and inputted the new account number, I was also never informed there WAS a new account number!

They need to be shut down completely. I hope that the attorney general of Utah does something and quickly, this as multibillion dollar business and everyone involved are crooks. Its what a friend calls "legal loan sharks"

Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2005 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/Prestige-Financial-ripoff-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-163573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial