Complaint Review: Prestige Furniture - Dallas, TX

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:Frisco Texas
Prestige Furniture - Dallas, TX
4452 Alpha Road Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Prestige Furniture - Dallas, TX Offered tor eplace a broken glass breakfront door for free, then weaseled out Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Likewise ripped off

Don't buy from Prestige Furniture in Dallas, Texas.

The owner is nothing but trouble - and the BBB has given them an unsatisfactory rating.

My wife and I bought 3 rooms of furniture from them several years ago. Several items were broken and had to be repeatedly re-shipped
and the installers put a number of items together wrong. Alex, the owner, doesn't care since you have to pay up front so he already has your money.

The scary part was last year when a heavy glass door fell off the breakfront in our dining room and loudly crashed and broke. It could have killed someone, and most likely fell because the hinges weren't tightened right when the installers put it in.

I went to see Alex to buy a new door right after it happened. I guess he was afraid of a lawsuit since this was so dangerous, so he offered to replace the broken one at no cost to me.

This was done just to calm me down, he never tried to get me a new door afterwards and made all sorts of excuses claiming he couldn't get it later on. I confimed with the furniture manufacturer that Alex could indeed have gotten the door, he just didn't want to be bothered. Complaining through the BBB got me no where.

I do plan on taking him to court as soon as I get the time since my dining room set with a missing breakfront door is WORTHLESS, meantime I want everyone to know to stay away from this company!!

Frisco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Furniture-Dallas-TX/Dallas-Texas-75244/Prestige-Furniture-Dallas-TX-Offered-tor-eplace-a-broken-glass-breakfront-door-for-free-299162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Furniture - Dallas, TX

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Likewise ripped off

AUTHOR: Mjf - (U.S.A.)

I am also taking Alex of Prestige to small claims court (please read my own report report in regards to this company when it is cleared for posting.) Can we get together to compare notes?

-Matt F.