• Report: #319284

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Hawthorne Florida
Prestige Home Ctr - Nobility Homes
3150 NW Pine Ave/3741 SW 7th St Ocala, Florida U.S.A.

Prestige Home Ctr - Nobility Homes POOR QUALITY POOR SERVICE POOR DELIVERY POOR WARRANTY BIG ON PROMISES THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING Ocala Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Prestige/Nobility Response:

Think twice before buying from Prestige/Nobility Homes -- then think again and go elsewhere before you buy a triple wide over $100,000 mistake like I did!!!

From day one of the purchase agreement, Prestige/Nobility fails to deliver on promises. After over 1 1/2 years of calls and letters and faxes sent to Prestige (3 managers with paperwork disappearing between each one) and the Service Dept (2 managers and paperwork missing) I have still not had all of the repairs or promises kept by the members of this organization. We were just informed today that no more repairs would be done because we had created the problems after months of fighting with them to fix items. I have not requested that any repairs be made that we were responsible for creating. I suppose that the leak in the roof that was supposed to have been completely repaired months ago is our fault!!!!! Parts of the roof were repaired at the state's demand but apparently some weren't since my panelling is starting to show signs of water leaking in the walls!!!

I began this purchase in March 2006 with a promise by the salesman that a home would be set up and ready to occupy by April 30, 2006. After selling my home and arranging to rent it back for one month as well as buying the land for the home to be placed, I was informed in April that the home I wanted could not be delivered until the middle of June because they could not build it in time. My family now had no where to go. I arranged to purchase a lot model home (2004) that was to come from Jacksonville and was considerably more expensive than the first home because I was assured that this home would be available right away since it was already built. Permit applications were delayed, well and septic people were not hired until May and then were booked til June. We moved in on July 21. This was just the beginning.

I was promised that a wall would be added to the master bedroom and a door by the salesman but was told it could not be done until after the final inspection without delaying the move since it would differ from the original floor plan but that someone would be out to do that as soon as we moved in. I was told that there could be nothing on the paperwork because that would delay the move. I do have my copies of my faxes to the salesman reminding him of the promise and we were assured by two managers that the wall and door would be done as promised, one said he would send someone, another that he would have it estimated and send a check for the addition because it was not a factory design but he had been informed that it was promised as a condition of purchase. The third manager refused to do anything about it.

At closing I was unpleasantly informed that the 8-9% interest would be in effect over 13%, but my family was living in a hotel and I couldn't afford to fight it.

The home was delivered with a broken window (repaired about 3 mos later), damaged boards and old boards in the decking for the porches (nothing done about them) (I was informed that I should have put water-seal on the boards some of which are cracked through and were delivered that way, so they are my fault-- I was told I would be delivered a home in brand new condition since the one they provided was in Jacksonville, not the one I wanted in Ocala and the porches on both sides had boards that were very weathered and cracked when delivered), a faucet that wouldn't stop running (3 mos at least to replace and that only after it was at a full run and I settled for a less expensive faucet because it was running up my electric bill so much keeping the hot water running).

I still have a counter-top that needs replacing (promised to be replaced by the previous service manager when the state came out for the roof previously), not recovered with formica, it is bowed and can't just be recovered (which has been verified by their own repair men), slits in linoleum in the bathroom floor (looks like they were made by someone cutting something on the floor), a broken front door that was damaged on delivery, a wall that was promised by the salesman and two of the three managers who have been at the location since my purchase that there would be a wall and a door put in the master bedroom to divide it, a shower door with nothing holding it in at the bottom, a sink that is beyond a mess (promised to be replaced by the previous service manager when the state came out for the roof and repairs) and numerous other smaller items.

The door now cannot be repaired, it must be replaced due to waiting so long. We have had to keep it propped open because it would not stay closed and finally the "rigged" latch they had on the door flew off and I could not find another that fit it to do it myself.

Parts of my kitchen floor had to be shored up from underneath because the wood was rotten under the floor. I have had pipes underneath the home spring leaks. The air conditioner caught fire the first day we moved in (This was fixed). Cabinets in the home are wood finish paper covered and the paper keeps peeling. Cabinet doors also fall off. Add-ons such as entertainment centers and cabinets are left unfinished inside so that when you open them you see drywall and any cracks, etc, that they contain instead of a backing.

I can some this up with poor quality, poor workmanship, poor service. After today's call refusing to repair anything else, I find myself having to go back to the state about the roof leaks since this is structural and I will have to contact an attorney to try to resolve the other problems.

What repairs were made were done months apart, some appointments set were not kept after taking time off to be available and no one bothered to even call to say they weren't coming. Often only one of a list of items were repaired on a given day and the next appointment was a least a month away. The original list of repairs was over 3 pages long. Minor repairs were poorly done and major repairs only with numerous calls and then only some of them were done.

Jean
Hawthorne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Home-Ctr-Nobility-Homes/Ocala-Florida/Prestige-Home-Ctr-Nobility-Homes-POOR-QUALITY-POOR-SERVICE-POOR-DELIVERY-POOR-WARRANTY-B-319284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Home Ctr - Nobility Homes

Prestige/Nobility Response:

AUTHOR: Manager - (U.S.A.)

Jean signed her contracts on May 31, 2006 and received copies of them at that time according to our company procedure. In spite of her accusation of missing paperwork, additional copies of the pertinent paperwork have been sent to this customer by the current manger. Any time a customer might think they got the wrong home, or in response to questions of whether it was the same as the one they signed for, it is routine to refer to the signed agreement to find out if there is in fact a discrepancy in what was contracted for. Jean's paperwork indicates she received the home with the specifications called for in her signed contracts.

As to her statement of being promised a particular date she could move in, only she and the original salesperson and manager can know what was said. It is highly unlikely that even the most expert salesperson, customer, builder, or installer could be at all specific about how long it would take to meet any and all requirements of the lender, to secure all necessary permits from the various government agencies, to decide on a particular model, choose from a multitude of options and colors, build the home, arrange for and implement a formal closing, to do all of the site preparation so the home will have a proper foundation, to deliver the home to the site, to properly set the home to all appropriate codes, complete the cosmetics of the installation, to connect the water and septic pipes, to ship and install the air conditioner and maybe the power pole, to deliver and install the steps, and to deliver and install some type of skirting between the bottom of the home and the ground. Frequently there are numerous other steps that need to be taken before the county inspection can take place. Even after all of this is completed, the owner is still not allowed to move in the home until the county issues the certificate of occupancy. For these reasons, it would be impossible to accurately state a particular date when a purchaser would be free to move in their new home.

This home was built to the very strict standard that is known as the HUD building code. These homes are inspected at the factory and are not allowed to ship without meeting this code. Upon the completion of the setup of the home, the home is then inspected by the county to verify it meets the appropriate regulations. Only if the home passes inspection is the certificate of occupancy issued. This is the agency's certification that the subject home is habitable. In this case the certificate of occupancy was issued to this customer and this is one more confirmation the home met the required standards to be certified as habitable.

The current factory service manger states all repairs and adjustments required by the warranty were completed within the required time. A third party inspector, which was the state of Florida, performed an inspection on April 13, 2007. The factory service manager was present during this inspection. All discrepancies mentioned by the state inspector were corrected by the factory service department within the stipulated time frame. It is noted that during an inspection of the home, a number of animals (including a goat) of various sizes and breeds were observed running freely within the home as well as outside of it. It is entirely reasonable to speculate many of her current complaints may be the result of having this assortment of animals and birds in and around the home.

In regards to Jean's comment about the interest rate of her loan, that is an issue between her and the lender. Prestige has no control over the interest rate a lender offers a customer. The rate was clearly disclosed at the time of closing, and she was free to refuse this offer for the home loan. If she wished to go to another lender for a loan, that was her right. Her signing the lender's contract was her acceptance of the interest rate.

Prestige/Nobility Homes has a consistent forty-one year history of providing quality homes and excellent customer service. We put a premium on going beyond the minimum to take care of our customers. We certainly believe this is true the case of Jean. We are truly sorry she is not happy with her purchase, but we have gone well beyond normal procedures in an effort to please her.

Prestige/Nobility Homes, Inc.