Handle

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 14, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Prestige Management INC, Mathew Aylward, Monica Haxton
2 Club Centre Ste 3 Edwardsville, Illinois U.S.A.

Prestige Management INC Mathew Aylward, Monica Haxton Scam, cheats, liars, took my money and didn't deliver what they claimed on the phone and on their website Edwardsville Illinois

* : HR Department

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ask for samples! They wont do it because they know their leads are junk!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Prestige verbally abuses the employees. True fact.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Prestige is not bad at all!

*UPDATE Employee: Working for this Company

*UPDATE Employee: Terminated Employees'

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bad Place to Work

*UPDATE Employee: The truth about Prestige Management.com

Prestige Management lies about what they sell. I was contacted by a woman named Monica Haxton. She was selling special lists of leads. She asked me for some zip codes and said she'd call me back. She called back and said there were 462 leads in the zip codes I gave her. She claimed they had all filled out a form or took a survey and knew someone would be contacting them.

We bought 2 different lists: 401K Rollovers( This list was supposed to be people that had recently left their job and needed to roll over their 401K or people who left a job and rolled their 401K but need someone to manage it for them.) The other list was for people that were looking for Asset Management( This list was supposed to be people who were unhappy with their current advisor and looking for another one. This was also supposed to be people looking for fee based advisors.

Their website doesn't get that specific but once they get you on the phone they'll tell you that to get you to buy the list because if these lists really existed they would be gold to any financial advisor! The leads were terrible and the company is a total sham as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to post the Letter I sent to the company requesting a refund below. I sent it to Matthew Aylward who I think is the president. Before that I wanted to post what else happened to me when I requested the refund. After emailing the request for refund letter, I was contacted by Monica Haxton who was my sales representative. Matt forwarded the email to her. She proceeded to try and get me to take replacement leads for all the the bad ones we got. I didn't want them because the stats were so bad on 50 out of the first 100 leads called I would have just gotten more of the same.

When I wouldn't give in she told me that this has never happened in the 7 years she's worked there. BS- Then she broke into tears and said she really couldn't afford the chargeback right now and I felt bad at first but then she said some odd stuff that made me realize that it was all probably an act to get me to back off from requesting the refund.

First she said she couldn't afford to have the $300 charged back to her right now. Then she said she was going to get fired if we got our money back, then she said if I got a refund it would keep her from hitting her goal for the month, then she said she had to put her dog to sleep that morning and she's crying as she's saying all of this but I just didn't buy it. It was the hardest sell I've ever seen.

Needless to say this was about 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing from the company and haven't gotten a refund. I would stay far away from Prestige Management INC. Don't do business with them. Below is my letter to the company. These guys really suck. They're so nice to get your business, then once they get your money they're totally different.

Here's the letter I sent to the company requesting a refund. It'll give you more specific reasons why the leads were so bad:

Matthew-

I'm disappointed that I have to send this email but its important you read it because it reflects directly on your company. One of your associates, Monica Haxton, contacted our company soliciting leads. We were informed there were 462 leads that fell under our criteria (Money Manager & 401K & IRA Rollovers) We were told that the list was scrubbed before Prestige received it and just to make sure the list was good, Prestige also scrubbed it to make sure we stayed within compliance laws and the National Do Not Call List.

Our Firm is almost 40 years old with an impeccable reputation. We use a professional solicitor to contact leads we buy and set appoints for us. She has been with us many years and has many years of experience. She has worked many lists for us over the years always with much success. We do understand statistics and that not all calls will become appointments and there will be occasional wrong numbers or faxes but the list we received from your company was horrendous. We pay our solicitor by the hour plus bonus. She called for 4 hours the morning of April 28th and 2 hours from 6pm 8pm the same day. Of the calls she made here are the stats:

She made 100 calls

20 were faxes
8 didn't have 401K's or IRA's and said they never answered a survey or filled out a questionnaire.
11 were on the Do Not Call List (This was alarming) and very concerned with how we had their telephone number.
15 were wrong numbers or disconnected numbers.

The rest were voicemails.

She also made multiple calls to the fax numbers to make sure they weren't telephone numbers and made several attempts in the evening to call some of the numbers that just went to voicemail during the day. Of the calls she made in the evening (26 calls) she got 2 people. 1 said they didn't have a 401K or IRA and was concerned about where we got their info and the other was on the Do Not Call list.

With these stats it makes no sense to have my solicitor call this list anymore. It doesn't make sense financially. Normally by now she would have set multiple appointments and had a great bonus. This is totally unacceptable and really disappointing. Before we purchased the leads from you I did my due diligence on your company and couldn't find anything anywhere that spoke negative about your company. I'm very internet savvy and know where to look, so we decided to buy your list. What am I supposed to do at this point? I definitely can't refer you any business. If you were to replace the leads with other leads it appears theyll be of the same horrible quality. Do I continue to risk my company's reputation by risking more people on the National Do Not Call List?

The claims on your companys website are totally false about scrubbing the lists. I can attest to that first hand. Your website says you don't offer refunds because of the time involved to compile the lists but it appears the lists are thrown together with no rhyme or reason. I'm offering you the opportunity to refund what I paid. I've really only used 100 people on the list and more than half the names were bad so I don't really know what I paid for. But I did have to pay my solicitor for her time. If you choose not refund what I paid, I do know how to post how your company ripped us off all over the internet.

When your company name comes up on a search it'll say scam or ripoff associated with your company. I would hate for this to happen to someone else. I don't want to do that and I think it would be worth it for us to part ways and you refund what I paid. I've tried contacting the sales associate who we bought the leads from but it seems she's no longer taking my calls now that the sale has been made. I hope to have an answer by the end of business tomorrow.

Mike
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Management-INC-Mathew-Aylward-Monica-Haxton/Edwardsville-Illinois-62025/Prestige-Management-INC-Mathew-Aylward-Monica-Haxton-Scam-cheats-liars-took-my-money-332986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Management INC, Mathew Aylward, Monica Haxton

#1

HR Department

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

It should be noted for the record that any of the "HR Department" or "HR Rep" posts on this or other complaints about Prestige Management are actually written by the president of the company, Matthew. Matthew is very protective of his company's image and often takes drastic, somewhat silly steps to protect it.

Case in point, a while back, Matt got a bunch of BBB and attorney general complaints and then proceeded to fire most of his sales department to make it look like it was their fault (when in reality, they were just reading from a previous version of the sales pitch script which contained some very misleading information) and then updated the script to completely bury what actually happened. He then tells us to mention the incident if any of our contacts mention our bad BBB standing. We are supposed to say it was the act of a bunch of dishonest employees and that they were fired for that, when in reality, they were just reading the script and Matt needed a scapegoat.

I am a current employee at Prestige and can vouch for the accuracy of this statement 110%.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ask for samples! They wont do it because they know their leads are junk!!

AUTHOR: Prestigesux - (U.S.A.)

Prestige Management (www.pmi2000.com)---- Probably the worst place to do business with...Open the white pages in your phonebook...look about five miles from your office and there are the leads prestige will sell you for about 300 dollars....they try to create urgency like someone else is going to buy that list and u need to hurry and buy...trust me no one wants these junk leads they are horrible...the reason there was any repeat business is that they con you into thinkin the leads are exclusive for 90 days so then when you cant get to them for a few months because something came up or that they forgot so they think oh man they are out of date and not exclusive anymore and they get scammed again to purchase another list...I couldnt sleep at night and I was there almost a year...it was horrible to lie to these people like that...but I did...I know that they have recently lost like 6 of their top sales reps because they dont know how to treat people there....they hold your paychecks, (which the union is investigating) Attorney General paid them a visit on March 23 because there has been so many negative reports and people getting scammed they had to go investigate it. The owner has low self esteem and the only way he can make himself feel better is to hire people that will cower down to him so he feels superior...its actually quite sick to see him in action. The positive report from Kathy from HR... of course you can stick up for the company you have only been there for about 3 months you have no idea what its like. These people are like a sexual voyeur and I think they get off from watchin people on these video cameras they have set up everywhere....its really really sick. You give these people your all and you do your best make them tons of money and do you think they ever thank you....haha no....and yea it sounds great that he will loan money to people...just so he can embarass you and bring it to everyones attention in a meeting that you had to borrow money because you didnt get that many sales and you couldnt make it to your next payday because no one wants these crummy leads!!!! Its not our fault that you ran your business with all lies and scams....but your cool you have two escalades and nice house and your at the casino once everyday with these poor stockbrokers and insurance reps hard earned money... its really really sick... If I wasnt worried about being sued I would give you millions of references of people who have bought and got scammed by prestige.... You work for clients trust day in and day out and assure them they will make money from you lists....while matt takes your money and pisses it away and do you think he works hard? He works hard bragging about how he scams people....If these leads are sooo good why dont you let people have a sample?? You know why you wont, because you would never have one bit of business again when people realized what kind of crap these leads really are.... Ok and these lists are exclusive?? Why did my clients find out from their buddies from the office right down the road that they got the same list?? Oh wait , probably because the same list is sold repeatedly and when these coworkers of mine and myself can leave a job that pays almost six digits its because there comes a time when money isnt worth it to take away these peoples money when they could use it somewhere else that might of actually got warm leads.... I can guarantee you that I sold lists that were supposedly 401k rollovers that three other of my coworkers sold the same list in the same area to other brokers or insurance agents saying that they were managed accounts where the person is unhappy with their broker or that they want life insurance .... No one has ever responded to anything regarding anything financial or wanting to be contacted under any circumstance...imagine the people who spend 300 dollars on 300 leads, send out a mailer so with the insert and postage thats another 3-400 dollars and then get nothing in return...what a ripoff!!! Please stay clear of this company and please let all your colleagues know not to get ripped off or scammed by this company

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Prestige verbally abuses the employees. True fact.

AUTHOR: Former Employee - (U.S.A.)

This company is ridiculous. As a former employee, I"ve been screamed at, yelling at, cussed at and video taped. NO employee should ever have to endure that kind of environment. You're sent home if your phone time are high enough and screamed at for it. I can't even begin to count how many times Matt and Rhonda scream at someone per day. The leads.... don't work. They get them from infousa.com. you can get them for free yourself. About 1 out of 75 clients actually get business off the leads. Whatever you do there, is NEVER good enough. The owners Matt and Rhonda, what a joke. They most disrespectful and shady people I've ever met in my life. The turn over on employment is about 98%. No one wants to be treated like pigs. Matt and Rhonda do not deserve to have a business. Do your own prospecting and stay away from Prestige Management in Edwardsville, IL. website is www.pmi2000.com all testimonials on there are fake.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Prestige is not bad at all!

AUTHOR: Kristin T - (U.S.A.)

I worked at Prestige for about 5 months and it is probably the best place I have ever worked. I made very good money and got treated very very well by everyone in the company. How many bosses can you say will give you a loan when you need it?? Matt is not immature at all I think people are just jealous that he is soo successful at such a young age and they should be proud and happy to work for him. I had about 300 clients and I had tons of repeat business and referral business from my clients...Now how could that happen if the leads were bad? It couldn't!! The leads ARE exclusive and they ARE scrubbed against the Do Not Call. I just am sooo mad that someone could say something bad about Prestige. Trust me I am serious that we provide only the best product for our clients and they do well off the lists I have seen it first-hand. I don't even work there and I still stand behind them. He gives you an oppurtunity to make high income selling an awesome product that I really do believe works for brokers, becuz if it didn't then there is no way I would of had all the repeat business and referral business that I alone had. So for all the loser ex-employees that couldn't hack it at a big person job have fun flippin burgers for the rest of your life!

Kristin

Working for this Company

AUTHOR: Hr Department - (U.S.A.)

I have read the comments made by these (losers) ex-employees and I can say that I have been working for this company, Prestige Management for about 5 years. And I have very satisfied clients. As far as any losers working here, managements got rid of them. All they were doing is mis-representing the company and they are now trying to blame management for there poor working habits. How immature are you. You should be picking yourself up and learning from your lying mistake and try to start over. Making comments about a Company that you did not succeed at will not make you look good or even feel good. Actually these comments are making you look very immature. GROW UP - you are the one that made the mistake - learn from it. So hopefully if you can get another sales job you would have learned a lesson.

Prestige Management is a GREAT company to work for - don't listen to ex-employees who got caught lying, cheating and alot of other thing they got caught doing. It's time for ex-employees to take responsibillity for you poor actions.

It does not matter what job you get - it will always be the same for you - you will never achieve greatness, because you are toooo petty.

Like I said I have been working for this company for 5 years, AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THIS GARAGES that you are making comments about.

Thank you for letting me rebuttal to these rude comments.
Very Happy Employee

Terminated Employees'

AUTHOR: Hr Department - (U.S.A.)

I have read the comments that have been posted by Employees' that no longer work for Prestige Management/Mathew Aylward, and I must say this is typical of terminated employees. Anyone that is terminated from an employer always has something bad to say about there Employer and there company. It is a shame that these type of employees (or should I say, Ex-employees) can say these types of comments about your business and get away with it. Let me set the record straight, first of all Prestige Management is not a rip off company. We serve are clients with the best leads possible. And if one of these ex-employees say other wise, PROVE IT. Our company has 8 years of experience at what we do. And has sold over 30,000 clients with pride and respect. We go over and above for our clients. We stride in making all of our clients satisfied, one way or another.
Second, as for the ex-employees, these are people that are terminated from our company for misrepresenting our business, lying to our clients, coming to work late, caught doing illegal drugs, well the list can go on and on and I am not commenting to throw dirt. I will not stoop to an ex-employees level.
As for as the officers of this company, yes this is a family business. But that does not mean any family members get treated any different than any other employee. In fact, a family member has to work harder than any other employee, so it shows that are not being treat differently. They set the pace for this company. I have seen the owners time and time again help there employees' over and above any company I have ever worked for. Always there for there employees, listening, loaning funds to them if need it untill the next pay day, letting employees take off for whatever reason, being a friend, like I said over and above. If Prestige Management has done anything wrong to there employees, its doing too much for them.
If any ex-employees have any false statements to make about Prestige Management, you better make sure you can prove what you say. And if any of these comments were true, they would have use there name and not a fetishes name.
This is a GREAT Company to work for.
If you should need to contact Prestige Management, please do so @618-659-8770. We have nothing to hide.
Thank you for allowing Prestige Management to send a rebuttal.
Cathy Hedin
HR Coordinator

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Pissed Off Employee - (U.S.A.)

OH BOY WHERE DO I START FIRST THEY GET THEIR LEADS FROM SALES GENIE/ INFOUSA FOR ABOUT A PENNY A NAME THEN TURN RIGHT BACK AROUND AND SELL THEM FOR A DOLLAR.THE OWNER OF COURSE LOVES THIS BECAUSE ALL THE MONEY HE GETS HE CAN GO OUT ALL NIGHT AND GET DRUNK AND SHOW UP THE NEXT DAY AND MAKE SURE HE TELLS ALL HIS EMPLOYEES HOW THEY ARE WORTHLESS. HES JUST A VERY IMMATURE 27YR OLD KID THAT IS ON A POWER TRIP. THEY PROMISE THE LEADS ARE GOOD AND THAT YOU CAN CLOSE SO MANY AND THEN THEY ACT LIKE THEY DONT RESELL THE LEADS, WELL THEY DO ABOUT FIVE TIMES IN ONE DAY. BUT GUARANTEE THEY ARE EXCLUSIVE. I HAD MILLIONS OF CLIENTS CALL BACK IN AND SAY THEY NEVER HAD A 401K THEY WANTED ROLLED OVER OR THEY ARENT LOOKING FOR INSURANCE. AND THEY WERE RIGHT ITS JUST AS EASY TO LOOK THROUGH THE PHONEBOOK TO GET THESE KINDS OF LEADS. AND YOU KNOW I DID HAVE LOTS OF CLIENTS, THEY TRUSTED ME THE FIRST TIME AND WOULD NEVER THINK ABOUT BUYING FROM ME AGAIN BECAUSE THE LEADS WERE HORRIBLE. ITS ALL FAMILY WORKING FOR THIS PLACE, THE OWNER WALKS AROUND WITH A BASEBALL BAT TO SCARE EMPLOYEES AND SMASHED THINGS IF THERE WERNET THAT MANY SALES FOR THE DAY, WELL SORRY ITS HARD TO SCAM PEOPLE DAY IN AND DAY OUT! HAS A SISTER IN A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT THAT TRIES TO RUN THINGS, IS SUPPOSE TO FIX PEOPLES PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARENT HAPPY WITH THEIR LEADS AND SHE IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND DOESNT REPLACE ANYONES LEADS OR HELP ANY PROBLEMS. SHE BASICALLY TREATED EVERYONE LIKE CRAP AND GOT AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE BIG BRO AND MOM ARE THE OWNERS SO SHE CAN SLACK OFF AS WELL AND MAKE EVEN MORE CLIENTS PISSED OFF. SO ALL IN ALL IF YOU WANT TO PAY A DOLLAR FOR SOME LEADS STRAIGHT OUT OF A PHONEBOOK THAT HAVENET BEEN RAN AGAINST THE DNC, THAT ARENT EXCLUSIVE, AND WILL NEVER BE REPLACED THEN GO AHEAD AND BUY FROM THIS BOGUS COMPANY. I WILL GIVE YOU A GUARANTEE:

YOU BUY FROM PRESTIGE MANAGEMENT YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY WHATSOEVER WITH THE LEADS!

OUT OF 30000 CLIENTS I BET MAYBE 50 REBOUGHT AND THATS ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE EXPECTING THE NEXT ONES WOULD BE BETTER!

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bad Place to Work

AUTHOR: Conan - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this company for a few weeks in 2008. But upon a meeting with my manager I was told things aren't working out and was let go. Upon the few weeks I was working there, I saw alot of dishonesty, poor employee morale, and intimidation. I even noticed some employees crying when they were reprimanded by the owner who was actually yelling at them because they didn't meet their quota for the morning, afternoon, or whenever it was because we were called into sales meetings at least twice a day.
I had an incident where I looked at the clock and saw it was break time. I was asked by the woman who was the owners assistant what I was doing and where I was going and I said I saw it was break time. Both the owner and assistant told me it wasn't. I said I went by the clock in the one room where I was working. I was then yelled at and told I must go by THAT clock- the clock in the lobby. Being an honest person I was insulted because I make every attempt to take my breaks in the allowed amount of time. If I left a minute early I would come back a minute early.
Another time I was going through my leads list to check my notes in which clients to call back. The owner approached me and asked where was my tape recorder. To my understanding this was optional, but good to have upon my hire. I said I didn't have enough money to buy one and was waiting for my first paycheck. He then yelled at me that I wouldn't be getting much of a paycheck if I didn't get on that phone.
When I got let go, that was a great relief. I'd rather be scrubbing out toilets or dumping bedpans on the graveyard shift. Prestige Management- not Prestigious for employees, but boy is it ever Mismanaged!!!

The truth about Prestige Management.com

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

I am currently an employee at Prestige Management. The truth is, each of these salespeople are hard working, hard selling, salesman. We work ten hour days every day of the work week. So if you have had a bad experience don't blame the salesman.

If the salesman are'nt currently making at least 3 sales every single day, they will be fired. Matt is very strict and has no particular care about his salesman, the rollover rate is ridiculous.

These lists........only three people in the company know where they truely come from, and I'm not one of them. All I know, there is no such thing as having individual lists for each company, if you get a call saying

"Hey this is so and so from Prestige Management, I'm calling you today because I have a prospecting list, and I was wondering if you had any interest in doing some new 401k roll overs"

"I have a list with 309 people on it, these people are all recently retired, and have 100k left in their previous employers 401k plans"

"and all these people are within 15 miles of you"

That's a complete lie, this is a script that they give to every, single, ONE of their salesman. An ex-employee from my own small business worked there when they were but a small dot on the insurance world, he had told me about their usage of a certain high powered computer to generate these names, phone numbers, addresses, and pocket book sizes. I'm not totally sure I believed him at first, but everyday it's becoming more evident.

If you truely need some leads this bad, and you are willing to pay 350 dollars for them, just goto infousa, you will pay about 80 cent's a lead, and they will be relatively accurate as compared to your good friends at Prestige Management.