latest

• Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: Sandy — Bloomingdale Georgia United States of America
Prestige Market Research
125 Broadway New York, New York United States of America

Prestige Market Research I too received a letter from Prestige Market research, signed by James Edwards; Director of Human Resources. Also a check for $2515.00, to be deposited into my account and withdraw the following day, New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Prestige Market Research Scam

I too received a letter from this Prestige Market Research, signed by James Edwards; Director of Human Resources. It was accompanied with a check for $2515.00 to be deposited in my account and withdrawn the next day, spending 50. shopping and wiring 1985. to M. Ashman in Albany, NY. I know this has to be a scam, and want to warn people to also watch out for this company as it is also apparently on Face Book.

Sandy, Bloomingdale, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 04:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Market-Research/New-York-New-York-10004/Prestige-Market-Research-I-too-received-a-letter-from-Prestige-Market-research-signed-by-914803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Market Research

Prestige Market Research Scam

AUTHOR: WhatWhat - (United States of America)

I also received a letter and a check from Prestige Market Research. I called the compamy at 514-591-4776 to get more info. I asked if I could cash it at a check cashing service because I dont have a bank account. He imsisted that I open a bank account and deposit the check. I went to a local store that has a check cashing service. They were unable to cash the check. I called the company that provides check vashing services to the local store, Certegy Check Services. They told me they needed more info about Prestige, and to habe a rep from Prestige call Certegy and give them a "call ID" to straightem it out.

The rep from Prestige agreeed to call Certegy amd then I could go back to the store and cash the check. The Prestige rep again told me I should open a bank account and deposit the check, but I refused. I looked into some info online regarding the bank printed on the check, Commerce Bank at 2401 Ponce De Leon in Coral Gables, FL. I found out that this bank was aquired by TD Bank in 2003. I waited about a month and heard nothing from either Prestige or Certegy.

This morning I called the number for Prestige and got a recording saying the caller I was trying to reach was not available. I then called the TD Bank in Coral Gables, FL, they told me that they have gotten many calls about the Prestige checks He told me the check is worthless, to not deposit it, and that I could either mail the chwck to the bank or shred it myself. He told me that Prestige has been sent to their fraud department and that he had no other info on the issue. The phone number to the bank is 305-448-8995. Im wondering how Prestige got my info in the first place! Good luck to anyone who has experienced the same issue.