Complaint Review: Prestige Relocations

Prestige Relocations
603FM 1092, Suite E014 Stafford, Texas United States of America

Prestige Relocations Biggest Thieves in Texas Stafford, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Please contact

Feb 10, 2011 I contacted Prestige Relocations through internet research.  My daughter was moving from San Antonio, TX back to Ohio on Feb. 19.  I  had less than two weeks to make this move happen.  I contacted Eric, sales rep for the company, and discussed contents of move, etc.  When I asked for names for references, he laughed and said that would cost extra.  Because I lived out of state,  I FOOLISHLY did not pursue the matter-he could have given me any friend/family name for a great reference and I wouldn't know the difference.  Eric is a smooth salesperson and makes you feel like you are in good hands.

We agreed on $997.50 for 1498 lb load from San Antonio, TX to Ohio.  The most important information is that the load consisted of ONE bedroom suite, small television, computer with small monitor, couple of bookcases and misc personal items in 45-60 plastic, lidded tubs.  My daughter was not asked to accompany the packers after the truck was loaded to see the truck being weighed.

To make a very long story short, by the time I was driving with my daughter from San Antonio, TX to Ohio the load had increased in weight to 5980 lbs.  What was gong to cost me $997.50, now will cost  me $3686.70.  We tried to work out this situation with the company, even asking them to allow the truck to be weighed in Ohio so we could see the weight in the scale for ourselves.  We knew there was no way the load could weight nearly 6000 lbs!  Once they have your belongings on a truck you have to pay or you will not receive your shipment.  The driver of the truck was an independent contractor and we asked him what he thought the load  weighed - he told us no more than 3000 lbs.  Of course, he wants to keep his job so he would not write a statement for us.

Eric and a mysterious owner who you never get to talk too were not cooperative!  As a matter of fact, they always hid behind an employee named Keilah.  However, Keilah did phone us a couple of weeks after our shipment to tell us she had quit the company because she believed they had falsified our weight documents as well as another customer's.  We have a tape recorded message from Keilah as evidence.  I have sent a certified letter asking for reimbursement and received nothing.  Phone calls to the company got no further than Keilah.

I have reported Prestige Relocations to the BBB, Texas Attorney General's office, Federal Trade Commission, and the Federa Motor Carrier Safety Administration.  My intent now is to report them locally.

I want reimbursement for the amount they cheated us and I want the company out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2011 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Relocations/Stafford-Texas-78253/Prestige-Relocations-Biggest-Thieves-in-Texas-Stafford-Texas-724286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Relocations

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please contact

AUTHOR: Kaye - (United States of America)

Please contact me at 713 755 5836 and reference case 11-12196 for possible assistance with this matter.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC