Complaint Review: Prestige Spa Covers

• Reported By: Andrea — Doylestown Ohio
Prestige Spa Covers
2875 MCI Dr. Pinellas Park, Florida USA

Prestige Spa Covers Defective Product, Invalid Warranty Pinellas Park Florida

I purchased two hot tub replacement covers from this company within one year.  The first was purchased in May of 2011 for $401 and did not last even one year.  I did not try to use the 5 year warranty as I wanted to replace the cover with their highest end "walk on" cover, which I did for $591 in May 2012.  The cover is water logged and sagging, I called to file a complaint and expedite the five year warranty and I was told, for the first time, that the warranty is a pro-rated warranty and that in order to receive a new cover I would need to pay $241 for the new cover and $96 for shipping.  They want me to send them nearly $350 for a new cover when the last two I purchased (nearly $1000 worth) did not hold up.  No where on the web site does it say the warranty is pro-rated, and no paper work I received with the cover stated that either.  This company has a defective product, a joke of a warranty, and the customer service (Kelly Clarke) is horrible.  STAY AWAY! Do not buy anything from them. I filed a complaint with the BBB, which does not endorse Prestige Spa Covers, and found that they had a D-rating with the BBB. Wish I had looked before I purchased.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Spa-Covers/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33782/Prestige-Spa-Covers-Defective-Product-Invalid-Warranty-Pinellas-Park-Florida-1144452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Spa Covers