- Report: #304104
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Prestige Timeshare Marketing
Prestige Timeshare Marketing1104 S. Powerline Road Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.
Prestige Timeshare Marketing I'm one of many. This needs to stop Pompano Beach Florida
Here's the deal in a nutshell.
-PTM tells us they'll sell our timeshare for somewhere between $500 - $800.
- There are no other fees, they make their money through financing the sold property.
- When we call them a month or 2 later, they say they just received an offer this morning, near or above our asking price.
- We're advised to call them back.
- Sure enough, our property has been sold! All we need to do is pay the balance owing on our advertising contract.
- We all have our "contracts" in front of us and there is no mention of a $1999 advertising fee. None of us would have signed up if there was!
-We're told the deal won't progress until our balance has been paid in full.
- For those of us who decide to pay, we wait for the 30 closing period.
- But when that day arrives, we are told that the doctor who agreed to purchase has backed out of the deal.
- We ask for our money back.
- They say "no" but they'll continue to market the property.
- We never see our money again.
It's the same story with the same players for each of us. We all want the same things:
1) Our money back.
2) For this to not happen to anyone else.
I'm actually fortunate as I didn't lose the full $2000. My property "sold" a few months, coincidentally on the morning I called PTM. I wasn't asked to send any more money, but prior to close the "doctor" who purchased my property was jailed or deported or something. But my property would move to the top of the list. It's too bad too, because this "doctor" was going to pay my full asking price.
A few months later I called back, and once again, just that morning another offer came in. This time for $1000 more than my asking price. But this time, I was told to pony up the $1300 before things moved forward.
A few bells went off!
Funny, my property sold both times on the very morning I called in. What a coincidence!
Second, I never heard of that $2000 fee before.
Something fishy is going on. But I was assured PTM is an upstanding member of the BBB. So I went and looked them up. They got a "C" rating, but didn't look too bad. I was thinking about sending my money in.
We really want to sell this property and that money would come in handy right now.
But first I thought I'd check out their website.
There wasn't one. So I did a Google search.
Thank God I did, because I found this site and my same story told 16 times!
How can these people be upstanding in the Florida BBB. I almost lost $1300 (more) because they are listed there.
The first thing we need to do is:
1) Get them a negative rating on BBB.
2) Get our money back (yeah right!)
3) Put these people behind bars. PTM is defrauding people across the USA and now Canada (where I live). Isn't this a matter for the FBI? This fraud is extremely transparent if you just know where to look.
This site is great for public venting. But what can we actually do?
I saw somewhere about Class Action Suits. You can't get blood from a stone. We'll never see our money again. But we should be able to see these people in jail.
What can we do?????
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Timeshare-Marketing/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/Prestige-Timeshare-Marketing-Im-one-of-many-This-needs-to-stop-Pompano-Beach-Florida-304104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.