- Report: #1090633
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Prestige Volvo
Prestige Volvo285 route 10 east hanover, New Jersey USA
Prestige Volvo mis leading information on car condition and refual to assist in paying for repairs east hanover New Jersey
*Author of original report: Dealer and I resolved issues today 10/18/2013
*Author of original report: remove cam cover
*Consumer Comment: Please Tell Us...
*Author of original report: Thanks for the info
*General Comment: AS is...
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have been struggling with this vehicle since June. Purchased it mid May from East Hanover Volvo in NJ.
The dealership told me they did and exhaustive 80 point check and this car is in very good shape they also stated they performed service every year for this car. If that was true how could they send me home with a bad drivers side break light and a severely worn timing belt. Items easily checked. I have asked for the service records many times and either I get no answer or ok but they are never provided. I presently had to replace the engine do to severe scoring and damage to the valves and cam shaft. I also must replace the turbo portion of the engine it is badly damaged and cannot be used on the replacement engine. The dealer has refused to take any responsibility or assist me in any way. I am hoping you can assist me. I suspect odometer tampering and Fraud on the cars condition. [continued below]....
I do not have concrete proof of this but the car has all the symptoms of a car with mileage over 125000 miles not 65000 miles. The dealership also used deceptive business practices and fraud. Making statements and promises they never kept. Selling me a car with many problems and not identifying them. Their basic attitude this is my problem not theirs.
- I had to replace the timing belt 8 weeks after purchase which was extremely worn, frayed stretched and cracked. The normal replacement for the belt based on Volvo maintenance plans is 105000 miles.
- I am experiencing continuing problems with cam shaft errors since July. The cars engine will need to be torn down to see what the issues are. Really in a car with 65000 miles?
- My service provider found that the cam and heads were full of sludge and the oil was burnt onto the cam rollers looks like a dirty barbeque grill in there. The engine will need to be replaced (pictures attached). This cost to me was $2000. The turbo portion of the engine is also damaged beyond use which will cost another $1400. The turbos on these cars usually experience problems at 150,000+ miles not 68,000 to date I have spent over $5500 fixing the issues. I have had the car 3 months
- Continued calls and discussion with the dealer have proved fruitless in assisting me. I asked him for the service records and did not receive them. I also asked him how he can be positive about the low mileage on this a car he stated we serviced this car for both the 1st and second owners.(found not to be a true statement when engine was torn down).
- I Noticed the OBD cover was broken off (found it under the driver seat). Indication the OBD was accessed many times.
- The dealer owes me $100 and promise to mail a check to me since May it has not happened.
- The dealership serviced this vehicle during the all the years why isn’t there any record of service or mileage recording in any reporting database like carfax etc. They also stated they did an exhaustive 80 point check on this car and would never sell a car that had serious problems. Based on the problems I am having with this vehicle they did not check this car. They let me leave the dealership with a burnt out brake light which cost me $110 to fix
I need assistance investigating this I have tried on my own but could not get access to info needed. I also want the $5500 I spent fixing it and another $3000 since I spent too much for this car. I suspect the dealer did know of these problems but sold the car anyway.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Volvo/east-hanover-New-Jersey-07936/Prestige-Volvo-mis-leading-information-on-car-condition-and-refual-to-assist-in-paying-fo-1090633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.