Complaint Review: Prestigia

• Submitted: Mon, April 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — New York New York
Prestigia

Prestigia Prestigia.com A major rip-off ... Prices actually not as displayed Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: amount which is charged to credit card is 200 euros higher than that on the invoice

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Please provide your Booking ID

*UPDATE Employee: Please provide your Booking ID

This is my first, and will be my last, time booking with Prestigia.com .... ever.

I am a frequent international traveller, I deal continually with international currencies and exchange rate shifts during the course of my professional life.  I booked a one-week stay in a Budapest Hotel through Prestigia, was quoted a price in American Dollars, and then magically when BOTH my deposit to Prestigia AND my hotel charges were deducted from my account prior to my arrival, the amounts deducted were GROSSLY, DISGUSTINGLY and ABSURDLY out of line with what I was quoted as the total price for my 1 week stay.  I could have easily booked on a different website for a better price, given what Prestigia's "Final Price" ending up really being, as opposed to what they "Advertised" it as being ... this is truly unequivocal fraudulent activity, I don't know how these people are still in business ...

Currencies indeed do shift, we all understand this, but a single-day shift of $55 from when the reservation is made to when the funds are deducted is grossly ridiculous, and really smacks of huge huge impropriety and misleading advertising, and absolute fraud ... at its worst.

I STRONGLY discourage anyone to ever ever ever utilize Prestigia.com to book their travel, they give you the illusion of a deal when in fact they are patently ripping you off, hardcore !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 04:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestigia/internet/Prestigia-Prestigiacom-A-major-rip-off-Prices-actually-not-as-displayed-Internet-1045146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestigia

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: lotte jeurink - ()

Dear Reader,

Recently, my wife and I made a reservation via the prestigia website for a hotel in Dubai.

The total price listed in the confirmation mail we are paying is € 854.10. (797.77 for the hotel and €56.33 deposit).

However, 1045,52 (989.19 for the hotel and €56.33 deposit) was charged from my card. This is 200 euro more than listed in your confirmation mail.

We consider this very misleading and we are therefore very disappointed in the lack of transparency of the services Prestigia.com

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Please provide your Booking ID

AUTHOR: Prestigia.com team - ()

Dear Customer,

We are really sorry to hear about this problem and we would like to investigate this matter further.

Could you please provide us with your Booking ID in order to look into this problem?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Your Prestigia.com team

Please provide your Booking ID

AUTHOR: Prestigia.com team - ()

Dear Customer,

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Your Prestigia.com team