Complaint Review: Presti's Auction Sales

• Updated: Tue, August 19, 2014

• Reported By: C. Santos A — Punta Gorda Florida
Presti's Auction Sales
, Select State/Province USA

Presti's Auction Sales Presti's NY-NJ Estate & Auction Services AuctionZip Auctioneer ID # 5754 Tri State Auction GalleryNY NJ Estate and Auction Services, Ken Presti Preying on Grieving Widows who were relying on the sale proceeds from the estate sale to help pay for the funeral costs of husband Glen Wild, NY Glen Wild, NY

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: PLEASE READ RESPONSE

A few days after my husband passed away at our business location in NJ, I contacted the NY NJ ESTATE AND AUCTION SERVICES to help me sell what can be sold from the buildings on our premises.  KEN PRESTI and a lady came to our location and after looking around, Ken told me that he will arrange to have the items that he said he can sell picked up.  He said he will use one 26 ft truck and the transport fee of $1800 per truck plus a 25% commission taken off from the total proceeds of the sale. I told him at that time that the transport fee seemed awfully expensive.  He said that he will give me a break on the cost.  At the time, still distraught from my husband's death, I willingly signed the Consignment Agreement.

That was 2 months ago.
I have to repeatedly call, email or text Ken Presti to get updates on the sale. Very evasive and certainly dragging his feet to give me the proceeds of the sale.

I still have not heard from him about the actual amount of the proceeds - the last email I received from him, he promised to email me a report of the sale the very next day.  That was 2 days ago.  Anytime you try to call him, he does not answer and most of the time his voice mail is full.  Probably from of other people who is having the same problem with him and his company as I am.

As a widow on limited financial resources, I relied on the proceeds from the sale to help pay for my husbands funeral cost.

Do people in business these days no longer honor their word? I hope this help others who are in the same situation that I am not to fall victim to this particular person and company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2014 05:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestis-Auction-Sales/Select-StateProvince/Prestis-Auction-Sales-Prestis-NY-NJ-Estate-Auction-Services-AuctionZip-Auctioneer-ID-1170705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presti's Auction Sales

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

PLEASE READ RESPONSE

AUTHOR: ken - ()

I am really sorry this person was unhappy with our services. We contracted for the cleanout and when we arrived the owner went back to california where she always lived. When she left the care taker of the property took anything he thought her late husband owed him and when we arrived everything good was gone.

We did the cleanout with no money up front and after our fee's were paid The owner felt is was not enough for her as she was expecting more. She wanted us to direct deposit money up-front before we finished selling her merchandise. well it took me (2) days to think about it and guess what... I did it out of the kindness of my heart and this is what i get .

The morning i deposited the money in her bank  she decided to write this report. We have done over 150 estate cleanouts this year and work hard for our clients and I feel this report should not have been written.