Complaint Review: Presto Wind

• Reported By: outbackron — Topeka Kansas United States of America
576 Locust Corner Road Cincinati, Ohio United States of America

Presto Wind Tim Moeller Rip off scam artist, Thief Cincinati , Ohio

*General Comment: Crank a watt

*Consumer Comment: None of the complaints below happened either?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Really?

Presto Wind sells a "crank a watt" generator" as well as other wind products. Do not buy here! rip off scam buyer beware. After you are enlightened about  a paypal conspiracy and the guy attempts to get you to send in a check he keeps you money and will not send out the product. He does not return calls nor emails and kept our money. Paypal eventually did a return. If we l had let him talk us into sending him a check we would have been out of luck. This guy is a thief bottom line. My guess is selling a survival generator to an armed prepper survivalist crowd and stealing from them will run its course sooner or later. Consider yourself warned. A little searching and you will find many others he has done this too...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presto-Wind/Cincinati-Ohio-45245/Presto-Wind-Tim-Moeller-Rip-off-scam-artist-Thief-Cincinati-Ohio-978395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presto Wind

#1 General Comment

Crank a watt

AUTHOR: Scott J - ()

Hello
I was looking at one of these units on youtube and left a comment this morning asking for their side of the customer complaints listed on this website. I checked back this evening and my comment was removed. They lost a customer. Thanks for having this website. You saved me some coin.

None of the complaints below happened either?

AUTHOR: Melborenslant - (United States of America)

I have Presto wind products that have broken in less than a year never worked well to start with and did not arrive for months so I can understand. Those who read much in the wind and solar community knows you are a joke. You may get first timers with your garbage but people are fed up with this non sense....and they are not saying slow refund they are saying credit card and paypal dispute, their is a difference. My opinion is you are the one with the problem. We had to replace your products with those from another vendor that work because you would not answer the complaints or the phone. You state designed to last for 20 years on your website but have a 90 day warranty and do not deliver for 60? Either figure out what the hell you are doing or get a job at walmart.

Posted: 2012-08-14 by           indatest

didnt give a refund
Complaint Rating: 100 % with 1 votes

Contact information:
United States
I ordered details for wind generator from Presto Wind and they didnt ship them to me. I called them and got promise they will give a refund. I am so upset! They didnt give a refund and they dont even pick up the phone. I am helpless to do smth!
[Complaint comments] Comments     [Complaint country] United States     [Complaint category] Consumer Electronics
Share with others:   Digg it!  Del.ici.ous  Yahoo My Web  Share on Twitter  Facebook My Web
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments
    Sort by: Date | Rating
 22nd of Aug, 2012 by   fooled 1     0 Votes

I ordered a Generator at http://www.prestowind.com/ on may 15th 2012. Up to this day I did not receive anything. I contacted preso wind a couple times, asking where the ordered product is and asked for a tracking number of the shipping. They said they would look the tracking number up and send it to me, but this never happened. I called them a few times, only reaching their voicemail box and left a message, but nothing happened. After that I wrote them to paypal me back the money but there was no response. Since 45 days have passed after the payment, paypal won't do anything. I think that this is what presto wind was waiting for.
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   PYINTHEYE     0 Votes

I had a conversation with the Prestowind boss just the other day. I wanted info on his PMA's for a hydro project. When I told him I had a 48 volt system and wanted info on his ADVERTISED 48V PMA, he lost it. I was told that i was going backward and had no business using a 48V setup for hydro and NO he would not tell me the RPM or output and that I was supposed to figure it out. HE WASN'T ABOUT TO DO MY ENGINEERING FOR ME! This guy is so full of himself and ignorant to the N-degree. MESSAGE TO YOU HOTSHOT " I will advertise for you for FREE and spend MY money where it is appreciated.

Presto-Wind
Complaint 138351 Details Scan your bills for fraud.

Date Occurred:03/09/2012
    Reported Damages:$260.00

I ordered the following for a wind generator from presto wind and none of it was shipped. They also forgot to include the turbine blade in the price quote. They agreed to a refund but they have never followed through despite many emails and 2 phone calls. I paid by check in advance per their requirements. Must be a scam company.
The M-12 is $199.00 dealer price.
add $18.00- 14" pulley
add $6.00- belt
add $3.00- 2" pulley
add $12.00- 17mm x 5/8 shaft coupling
add shipping- $22.00

tcraftplt
    tcraftplt SBID #c1be964325 Anyone tried the presto wind alternator

Discussion in 'Windtura Generators' started by bigal1949, Sep 7, 2009.

bigal1949

Has anyone on the board had any experience with the Presto wind line of alternators as yet? I like the heavy windings in the stator but is it a significant improvement over the other brands that have converted a auto alternator? Thanks for the help.

bigal1949, Sep 7, 2009
    #1
    murray2paddles

I am using the presto 80 rpm. with windy nation .35 in blades. So far it has been a good combination. What I did find was their advertisement on 12V at 80 rpm. seemed to be good to their word. I think the presto 40 might also be interesting in a low wind area.

murray2paddles, Sep 8, 2009
    #2
    murray2paddles

Al, here is the update I had told you about. I copied a section from the update on Post Your Photos from the Presto 40 & 35in blades.
        "Murray wrote"
        Observing the actions of the unit in light wind as stated in the first report, it did pick up light wind very fast and as the alternator add stated it was producing cut in power very fast. BUT as many of us do not read all the fine print and we are lured by the adds that a generator can produce 12 V at relatively low rmp. we must learn to look into the rest of the formula.
        If you look at the Presto Power Curve advertisements the look impressive.
        As an example it states : 800 rpm - 97 V * 8 amps = 776 Watt, the rpm. volts and watts look pretty decent and appealing.
        But a first hint should have been the low amps reading.

Now the formula, when the add states 97 V. this does not apply to most of us who are using a 12 V system.
        So now if you use the Oms formula, I will also give you a link so you can easily use this for your own calculations http://convertalot.com/ohms_law_calculator.html

For us this should read : 800 rpm - 12 V * 8 amps = 96 Watt
        Yes that is right, only 96 watt and 800 rpm is a good spin for any generator.
        So my verdict is in due to this finding. Had I known this I would not have purchased the Presto !!!!!!

Now the next part of the learning curve. We matched this alternator up with 35 in. blades and when in light to moderate winds the unit is able to hold itself facing the true wind. If the wind increases the unit continually tries to move and stall and then must seek true wind once again. We believe the blades may be overpowering the unit as there is very little load ( amps ) to put the blades under a work load. When there is a high wind condition this also creates an undesirable sound from the blades due to spinning so fast with no resistance.
        What did we learn, We believe we have matched the wrong generator to the right blades.

Hope this info reached you in time to allow a more informed choice.

Murray

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Really?

AUTHOR: presto - (United States of America)

It never happened. The person who made this fake claim has some much bigger issues than a slow Paypal refund. Sad.