Complaint Review: Preston and Scott LLC

Preston and Scott LLC LLC Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: re: Preston and Scott, LLC

*Consumer Comment: re: Preston and Scott

*Consumer Comment: re: Preston and Scott

Back in the day we had Laurel & Hardy, those slapstick comedians of the 30s and 40s who bumbled their way through scenes in a hundred or so movies they made together.

These days, we have Preston & Scott, those legal comedians who bumble their way through cases and clients with inexperience and unexperience (that would be no experience at all -- and theres a difference between the two).

It would be entirely accurate to call them a rinky-dink operation, one in which they lack not only experience and knowledge (i.e., credibility) -- which renders their legal advice, guidance and direction as questionable -- but also their lack of funding and staffing ability. They had to borrow money against their own furniture to fund their office opening, and they staff it with inexperienced, what I would refer to as, kids. You half expect to see cartoon character lunch boxes at their desks. Nothing beats experience, and this crew doesn't seem to have it. You would think after decades in the legal business as practicing attorneys, they would have a clue, but by every indication I've seen, this is a law firm without a clue.

Beware of these guys. They're operating on a shoestring budget and will do pretty much anything for revenue flow -- you know, income, cash, a payday. They'll try to bully you into doing something that may not be in YOUR best interests, but is in THEIR best interest. Don't be intimidated, don't be bullied. It's your skin in the game, and you're paying them. That means they're your employees, in essence. They work for you. Make sure you keep that arrangement top of mind if you decide to work with these two.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preston-and-Scott-LLC/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Preston-and-Scott-LLC-LLC-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-977937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preston and Scott LLC

re: Preston and Scott, LLC

AUTHOR: eLane - (United States of America)

Thanks for the info on these guys. I googled them and also found some interesting comments on the "Pissed Consumer" website. It pays to do your homework. These days, with social media and consumer sites like this and "Pissed Consumer" it's harder for people to hide from shoddy work and negative reviews. Hopefully this kind of a trend will continue with digital media, and we can force out people who do sub-par work. Thanks, Ripoff Report! You've helped me make my decision about legal advice.

re: Preston and Scott

AUTHOR: Las - (United States of America)

It's completely apparent exactly what kind of an operation these guys run from their location to their "staff." I know what you mean about putting their best interests ahead of yours as well as the bill padding that goes on. Don't go near these guys.

re: Preston and Scott

AUTHOR: JG5 - (United States of America)

Boy, you're right on the money about these guys. Rinky dink is right! I wish I had seen this report before I went to talk with them, or I never would have gone. I approached them about some legal work and guess I was expecting something completely different. I had asked an acquaintance for a recommendation, and she said she had heard about these guys and I should maybe talk to them. She didn't have any experience with them, but had heard their name, and was basically just throwing it out there for me to check out. I did, and was I disappointed! I didn't retain these guys primarily for the things you mentioned. I was skeptical about them when I saw where they were, but the thing that really struck me is that they were trying to steer me down the most costly (to me) avenue and I really wanted nothing to do with their suggestion or them. I was polite and listened to them, but as soon as I could, I excused myself saying I would consider their suggestion and then beat feet as fast as I could out of there. You're right about them trying to push you in the direction of what their interests were (collecting money and running up billable hours) and not necessarily what was in my best interest. At least that's the way I felt. And finding this after doing a search for them to try to dig up info supported my suspicions. Thanks!