Complaint Review: Prevention Magazine And North Shore Collections Agency

• Updated: Sun, February 04, 2007

• Reported By:Calgary Alberta
Prevention Magazine And North Shore Collections Agency
PO Box 7000 Georgetown, Ontario Canada

Prevention Magazine And North Shore Agency Negative billing scam Georgetown Ontario

I sent for a free-trial, no obligation offer to Prevention for several mini-mags in June 2006. After receiving the mini-mags, I rec'd a copy of the magazine itself and a bill for a subscription of $26.94, which I ignored.

Periodically over the next six months, I received the occasional bill, which I continued to ignore. I received no more magazines. I probably got no more than two or three bills this way.

In late fall, I rec'd a bill warning I would be turned over to a collections agency for failure to pay. I scribbled across the bill "Not interested in a subscription. This was a no-obligation offer from you." They ignored this request to cancel and three months later sent me a warning that they were turning me over to the North Shore Collection Agency.

I have filed fraud complaints with both the Albert and Ontario ministries of consumer affairs and also complained to the executive director of Prevention, MaryAnn Bekkedahl in N.Y.

Sarah
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2007 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prevention-Magazine-And-North-Shore-Collections-Agency/Georgetown-Ontario-L7G5B9/Prevention-Magazine-And-North-Shore-Agency-Negative-billing-scam-Georgetown-Ontario-234369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prevention Magazine And North Shore Collections Agency