Complaint Review: Price Busters Discount Furniture & Mattress

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2008

• Reported By:ft meade Maryland
Price Busters Discount Furniture & Mattress
5103 Governor Ritchie Hwy Brooklyn Park, Maryland U.S.A.

Price Busters Discount Furniture & Mattress ripoff resells furniture after you put money down on it Brooklyn Park Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Misleading information in regards to consumer report

*Author of original report: District manager resolved problem still the company is questionable

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated my son's secound birthday. For his birthday we planned to buy him a new twin bed. We had been hunting for the last couple of weeks trying to find the right bed at a good price.

Last week I got an advertisment from Price Busters in the mail. Since we had been hunting for a bed it caught my interest so I descided to give it a try. In the advertisment I saw a set of bunkbeds on sale for $99.00. Needless to say my husband and I drove to the nearest store the next day to purchase the bed.

At the store yesterday everything went great. We weren't even there that long. I brought the advertisment with me and showed the guy immediatly what I wanted and he told me it was in stock. We were not able to pick the furniture up until today so we were told that we could put money on it now and pay the rest off when we came to pick it up. Seening that I only put my check into the bank that morning I decided to put down the $50.00 i had in my wallet. He wrote us our reseat and when we told him we would be back the next evening with a truck to pick it up he asked us to call him when we were on our way. Then he said it was so he could have everything ready to go apoun our arrival.

I was in for a shock this evening when I called the store to let them know we were on the way to pick up the bed. After being hung up on after the first time I called I finally talked to our salesman. He informed me that the bed we had already given them half the money for had been sold earlier that day. To add insult to injurie he told it was part of the agreement in the stores layaway program. Well needless to say I read through the intire piece of paper given to me, and may I add the only paper I signed at the store and there is nothing about this so-called policey in there.

Kelly
ft meade, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Price-Busters-Discount-Furniture-Mattress/Brooklyn-Park-Maryland-21225/Price-Busters-Discount-Furniture-Mattress-ripoff-resells-furniture-after-you-put-money-d-222690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Price Busters Discount Furniture & Mattress

Misleading information in regards to consumer report

AUTHOR: Pricebusters Furniture, Inc. - (U.S.A.)

Ms. Kelly,

As regional manager of Pricebusters Furniture, I would personally like to apologize any inconveniences you and your husband may have encountered while a customer at one of our locations. While we try to accomodate any and all of our customers, mistakes still are possible, and unfortunately occured during your experience.

We have strict policies with our pick-up policies, as well as our "layaway" policies. As stated in our receipts, no pick-ups can be made without full payment of product. Furthermore, the pick-up location is not located at the retail store, but rather in Baltimore City, on West Franklin St. The salesman tried to arrange a pick-up at his location as a convenience to you, when pain in full. You had not paid the merchandise in full, therefore, it was not brought to the store. Clearly stated in our policies on the back of yours, and our receipts, you could have read this information and understood how our policies work.

In regards to "layaways", you will not find that word printed anywhere on the invoice, or receipt, you were given. Pricebusters does not offer layaways, rather "Price Deposit Holds", which is a binding contract that we mudy hold the PRICE for which you have made the deposit on the specific item you were purchasing.
I again would like to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had, but Pricebusters Furniture made any and all attempts to accomodate you, although unfortunately you were dissatisfied.

Jonathan
Regional Manager
Pricebusters Furniture, Inc.

District manager resolved problem still the company is questionable

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

After getting ahold of the district manager of the store he was fast to resolve the issue i was having. He also was fast to defend the actions of the sales associate that i had dealt with. anyway though my order was given to me promptly however no negative actions that we know of were taken against the associate for faliure to have us fill out proper paperwork and disclosing information to us. Over all i am not willing to do bussiness with this company again and i strongly advise those of you who are to pay fully and pick up all items the day and time of purshase.