Complaint Review: Price Line, Delta Airlines

• Submitted: Tue, June 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 03, 2008

• Reported By:Giddings Texas
Price Line, Delta Airlines
800 Connecticut Ave Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Price Line, Delta Airlines Cancelled my Flight, will not Issue Refund because I filed a dispute with my credit card co. Norwalk Connecticut

On April 2nd I purchased 2 airline tickets through Priceline.com to fly from Austin, Texas to Cleveland, OH. My mother and I traveled to Austin to stay with my sister to be closer to the airport since the flight was early the next morning. After arriving in Austin, my husband called to say that I needed to contact the airline because our flight had been cancelled. The airline was Delta and the tickets were prepaid with my credit card. They claimed that the bad weather in Cinncinati, where our scheduled layover and plane changewas scheduled, resulted in the cancellation of the flight.

We could not take a later flight, we would not have arrived until midnight and there was no one available to pick us up at that hour. My brother has a serious illness and was scheduled early the next morning for a procedure, which put us in the position to have to purchase tickets through an alternate airline, because I was unable to reach Price Line.

Time was of the essence so we had to take the alternate flight which was nearly double the cost of our original, Priceline/Delta tickets. We felt sure that Delta would refund the original ticket money with no problem, but they referred me back to Priceline. I repeatedly, tried to get a hold of Priceline, but was unsuccessful. After exhausting this avenue, being put on hold repeatedly for long periods of time by Delta, I called my credit card company and filed a dispute.

Delta admits Priceline owes me a refund. Priceline claims that they cannot refund because I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Delta says they cannot refund because I bought my tickets through Priceline. My only problem with Delta is that they are the ones who cancelled my flight, I could not take a later flight due to my tight schedule, but they are making me do the legwork. I think they should make Priceline refund my money since they are the ones who cancelled the flight.

My problem with Priceline is that they argue they have a right to keep my money for no services rendered because of the dispute I filed. This is as crooked as the day is long. These people took my money, gave no service, have caused me to have to pay for that "no service", with interest. My credit card company gave me a temporary refund but recharged my card because Priceline disputed the refund. I don't get it. I got no services and $798.90 was charged to my credit card. Can you help me?

Doris
Giddings, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Price-Line-Delta-Airlines/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Price-Line-Delta-Airlines-Cancelled-my-Flight-will-not-Issue-Refund-because-I-filed-a-di-336721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Price Line, Delta Airlines