defined

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: dlocicero — San Diego California United States of America
Price Self storage
4667 Albuquerque St. San Diego, California United States of America

Price Self storage I came in this morning to try and make a payment arrangement. They said"no,but you can bid in the auction".Walkg to it someone slammed the door shut and left me and 20 others outside while the man tha San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: Hide the real issue from you

*General Comment: Price self storage

*Consumer Comment: I have to ask

*Consumer Comment: I have to ask

I came in earlier the morning of my auction to try and make an agreement.This afro-american lady, Monica Henry,said I couldn't even be on the property and me and my white friend would have to leave. I told her, hes a friend, he doesn't live with me, and why wouldn't he be able to go in and bid. He got extremely rude and started yelling about how others would feel intimidated and not bid. I reminded her that that was discrimination, and she says,"Ill call my boss". So shes talking about which storage it is, and about someone else coming to bid on it. The manager, David Ackerschott, told her to ask me how much cash I had up front. I told her $300, and he asked when I could pay the other 2, and right after she asked me she proceeds to try and talk him out of making an arrangement. I was upset, and asked her if she was directly trying to discourage him from working with me? She starts yelling at me again, "You have to be quiet until I get off this phone!" Then Mr Ackerschott asked to hand me the phone. I explained that I really wanted to be there and try and get my things back. Alot of family photos, birth certificates of my 3 children, s.s. 3's, shot records, baby books, family photos...He said no problem, that I could go and bid on my storage. I thanked him and went with the rest of the group at 1:00pm.

We went to another building for the 1st storage and it was a lot like mine looking in. It went for $125. We then leave the building and head towards the building my storage was in and less than half the people got in the door, and someone slammed it shut, and would not open it back up, even with everyone loudly knocking and yelling trying to get in. We instantly went to the elevators, and rang for the front office and TOLD THEM WE WERE LOCKED OUT AND NOBODY WAS RESPONDING. They said they were coming, but by the time they did, the group that had shut us out already bidded on my storage and it was over. They also said, "EVERYONE HAD TO HAVE THE CASH UP FRONT! INCLUDING THE $200 DOLLAR FEE. NOT ONLY DID THEY DISCRIMINATE AND BID UNJUSTLY, THEY STARTED TELLING ME I HAD TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY AGAIN WHEN I WAS ASKING THEM WHY THEY SHUT UP OUT. I asked her to come see the storage earlier, so she could realize that it probably wasnt going to sell for the 400 that I came up with so far, and she commented, "I know exactly whats in there!" The man that ended up getting the storage was in the office earlier talking to her like they kneweach other pretty well. Well, not only did most of us get locked, and cheated out of bidding, this man gave up $425 and my looked just like the other one that went for $125 rt before.I asked her if I could offer money for the inportant papers bucket with all the birth certificates. s.s. 3's,... and she said, he'll go through it, and decide whether he wants to offer the important things like that to me or not.

I left and came back about an 45 mins to an hr later to get the corporate offices number and she refused to give it to me. She also proceeded to tell me that that man did the storage bidding all the time, it was a job for him. Well, she also proceeded to tell me that he left, and didnt turn anything in, but he had to come back tomorrow to pay that $200 fee that they were saying ALL THE REST OF US HAD TO HAVE UP FRONT! I couldn't believe it! That didn't apply to this man? What can I do about this? It was definitely planned, and very unjust  to the rest of us..        Thank you for you're time.            Diane L  Aug 2nd, 2012

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Price-Self-storage/San-Diego-California-92109/Price-Self-storage-I-came-in-this-morning-to-try-and-make-a-payment-arrangement-They-sai-921867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Price Self storage

Hide the real issue from you

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

The storage place probably did not want   you near your items, or  you would notice they skimmed any valuable stuff before the lot was sold at auction.

common with  most storage places.

#2 General Comment

Price self storage

AUTHOR: William-in-OC - (United States of America)

Diane L.

You are completly out of your mind. The $200.00 is a deposit that the buyer of your storage unit had to give before he took possession the items stored. He was coming back to pick up his deposit NOT pay the $200.00.

I buy lockers often and I'm familiar with the business. The fact you showed up on the day of the auction to make arrangements only shows your total lack of courtesy for the company who safely stored your items. They do run a for profit business. The manager most likely has multiple responsibilities in running the auction then having to deal with you the day of he auction. This website is voice for those who were generally "ripped off". Youre simply a deadbeat complaining about those who are only doing their jobs.

I have to ask

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

ash what does this matter????? she lost the storage unit.

I have to ask

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

but who in their right mind stores social security card and birth certificates in a storage unit? Are you insane?

Also, why would you go down there the DAY OF the auction to make payment arrangements? Thats like getting your car reposessed and going to the auto auction and trying to buy it back. Did you really expect them to work with you at that point? What does your CONTRACT state about the auctioning of your property?

While it sounds like the auction procedure might have been shady, the fact that you waited that longer to save your important things says a lot about you. You are the one that didn't pay them what you owed, its your fault that they stuff got auctioned off. You are the one responsible, I dont see a ripoff here.