Complaint Review: Price Shuffle

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, October 31, 2010

• Reported By: Bananasmom — Sandpoint Idaho U.S.A.
Price Shuffle

Price Shuffle Auctions that start at a penny Internet

*Consumer Comment: Some common sense advice..

*Consumer Comment: Price Shuffle Scam

*UPDATE Employee: PriceShuffle Reponse

Saw a similiar report to our experience over the weekend. They say signing up is free but it is NOT. They charged our credit card $149.75 when we NEVER choose any bid packs. Totally deceiving and while their site says there are no refunds, they are fraudently charging credit cards without authorization. I will be reporting to my bank. Beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2010 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Price-Shuffle/internet/Price-Shuffle-Auctions-that-start-at-a-penny-Internet-655743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Price Shuffle

Some common sense advice..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Granted..they use deception to make it seem legit... but if you read the terms and info available on links on the site you will find they do not really "hide" how they work.

Here is what anyone reading this should keep in mind.

1) Penny auctions are basically a form of online gambling for prizes. Does a legitimate online auction like ebay sell "non refundable" no cash value "bids" or "bid packs?

Does a legitimate online auction like ebay cost the losers of the auction any "bids" or money?

Does a legitimate auction like eBay keep adding time to the clock "ad infinitum"..or does the auction simply end when the time runs out? I will tell you. ANSWER: On eBay, the auction simply ends when the time runs out. Seconds are not "added" ad infinitum so each and every buyer has an equal chance to win.

Is ebay the seller of an item? ANSWER: NO. On these gambling penny auction sites..the ONLY seller is the website. And since the website makes MOST of it's money from the LOSERS of the auction..doesn't logic and common sense dictate that it is in the best interests of the site for members (aka gamblers/suckers) to LOSE?????

2) Regarding the deceptive $149.00 membership fee...

This one is a no brainer. If you are smart enough NOT to submit credit card info to some website..you can not POSSIBLY be charged anything. As soon as you submit any credit card info out to some website..you can rest assured that whether you are aware of it or not..or regardless of what you "think" you are giving this information out for...you ARE in fact AUTHORIZING someone to charge the account.

Sometimes you can get it refunded or the charges reversed..but it is not always the case..and will always take time and be a hassle. Would it not be better just to not submit the info in the first place until you investigate and research whom you are giving this vital information out to on the internet??? Common sense you think?

Price Shuffle Scam

AUTHOR: Cpatters - (United States of America)

I have tried unsuccessfully to deal with Price Shuffle's "customer service" representatives, who have consistently said they do not give refunds for credit card charges, even though they were not authorized to take money from my account.  Their website sign up page states they have a "FULL refund" policy with "no questions asked."  After reading several complaints from consumers who were also charged without consent, I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and urge other victims of this scam to do likewise.  Connie Gore from Price Shuffle told me they would get back to me within 24 hours when I first complained.  E-mails from Leo Gold, Tony Slocum, and Joey Anderson have been absolutely no help.  Leo Gold even denied the big blue box on their website that explains their refund policy.  I would NEVER have gone further if I had known signing up was going to cost me $149.  This is an absolute scam.

PriceShuffle Reponse

AUTHOR: PriceShuffle - (United States of America)

Hi,
  We are sorry that you feel we have misrepresented our company in this matter. Please understand that we are willing to work with you as well as any other customer. We urge you to contact us via email at support@priceshuffle.com or call us at 888-716-1621. We look forward to hearing from you.

Eli Smith