Complaint Review: Priceline Mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, July 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 29, 2004

• Reported By:Hollywood Florida
Priceline Mortgage
8211 Cypress Plaza Dr, Suite # 103, Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Priceline Mortgage major ripoff Jacksonville Florida

My worst experience as a first-time home buyer. I was shopping for rates online about 3 weeks or a month ago. All I needed was to get information about today's rates to buy a house. Well, I got dozens of calls the next day just like mosquitoes attacking me in the Everglades. Anyway, I spoke to Jon Gebhardt, the loan Officer of Priceline Mortgage. The first thing he asked me was my credit card #. Well, I had no idea about the process of purchasing a house or finding a low rate financing company. He talked me into giving my cc #. My intention was to get today's rates. I already told Jon Gebhardt that I just needed to know today's rate.

During our conversations over the phone, he was very persistent to get my business. He was very forceful insisting that I should fax him my house buying contract. He collected all my informations. We were on the phone for about 10-15mins or so. Later I thought about a question that I needed to ask Jon. However, the 1-800 line and his direct line kept cutting off. I was getting worried that this could be a fraud. Worst yet I'd already given my cc# to him. So I called my CC company just so to block the transaction. Unfortunately, he already charged me for the amount of $395.00.

As a consumer, I have the right to choose whoever I want to deal my business with. So I emailed Jon Gebhardt just so he would refund the money to my CC company. However, he refused and insisted that he worked very hard to mail me the package. What Jon could have done was he could have just faxed me the quotes I needed, but he was so afraid to lose me as a customer instead he locked me down with my cc. That's not right. It's like highway robbery.

Kunnee
Hollywood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2004 05:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline-Mortgage/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Priceline-Mortgage-major-ripoff-Jacksonville-Florida-101117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline Mortgage