• Report: #521916

Complaint Review: Priceline Priceline.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 10, 2009

• Reported By: Kathleen — Portland Maine U.S.A.
Priceline Priceline.com
Internet, Maine United States of America

Priceline - Priceline.com Thifty Rental Car Reserved rental car online and lost internet connection immediately called them to cancel within 1 minute - was told no refunds! Internet, Maine

I am living on SSI so I don't have any extra money to spare.  I do not own a car and needed to see a family member who became very ill.  So I went online to search prices for a rental car and came across the web site Priceline.

I reserved a car at Thrifty and realized they had made a mistake as the car was to be picked up in Hawaii (??), I live in Portland, Maine.  I never even mentioned another state.  I called and they changed it to Portland, Maine Jetport.

I immediately called (within 60 seconds) to cancel the reservation when I discovered that they had to do a credit check on me because I had paid with my debit card (I do not have a credit card) and that they would also require a $200 or so deposit on the rental.   I wanted to cancel as the taxi would have been $20.00 each way if my credit was not approved and I really could not afford that or the deposit.  I was told "no refunds" and was given at least 6 telephone numbers to call.  I had lost my internet connection by then and did not have the reservation numbers or confirmation number.

In addition, I also called Thrifty at the Portland Jetport in Portland, Maine and was given the same runaround.

I contacted my bank, as the charge had gone through immediately and left me with hardly anything in my account.  That would have been okay because I needed the car but I had changed my mind due to the credit check and deposits.

I am no without the $282.44 that they stole from my checking account and did not get to see my sister.  It is too late now.

I did not ever go to Thrifty rehtal car at the Portland, Maine Jetport or pick up the car.  As a matter of fact, I have never even been to Thrifty rental car in my whole life.

If I had taken this car without paying them I would be arrested for theft of services and be in jail.  What do you call it when it is just the opposite?

I need and want my money back.  It has been 2 weeks now.

I don't understand how they think they are entitled to keep my money when I called to cancel within 1 minute, not 24 hours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline-Pricelinecom/Internet-Maine-04103/Priceline-Pricelinecom-Thifty-Rental-Car-Reserved-rental-car-online-and-lost-internet-c-521916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline Priceline.com