Complaint Review: Priceline Priceline.com

• Updated: Fri, June 11, 2010

• Reported By: June — Amherst Virginia United States of America
Priceline Priceline.com
800 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, Connecticut United States of America

Priceline Priceline.com I requested an oceanfront hotel at Virginia Beach because I am taking my grandchild with a disability for a short vacation. Priceline booked me in a hotel across the busy street from the ocean. The Norwalk, Connecticut

Six weeks before a short vacation, I called Priceline to book a hotel because I had not been to Virginia Beach for a number of years.  I requested to be booked in an oceanfront hotel because I am taking my two small grandchildren, a 4 year old and a 7 year old with a disability.  Because of their ages and the one with a disability, I felt that it would be too dangerous crossing streets and/or crossing parking lots.  I stressed several times that it had to be an oceanfront.

I was booked in a hotel across a busy street.  I telephoned Priceline within 30 minutes that they had made an error and booked me in a hotel across a busy street from the ocean.  They said tough luck.  If you don't want to go fine, but we keep the money.  I have 17 emails from them refusing to correct their mistake. And, I have had 5 converstions with them.  I never asked for a refund, but I continually asked that they rebook me in an oceanfront hotel and I would pay the difference.

This is not a customer friendly agency and they are a major ripoff.  I have made customer complaints and reported them to be Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2010 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline-Pricelinecom/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Priceline-Pricelinecom-I-requested-an-oceanfront-hotel-at-Virginia-Beach-because-I-am-613166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline Priceline.com