Complaint Review: Priceline Priceline.com

• Updated: Mon, May 03, 2010

• Reported By: Brian — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Priceline Priceline.com
800 Connecticut Avenue Norwalk, Connecticut United States of America

Priceline Priceline.com Priceline Car Rental NOT Valid! Deceptive Trade Practices Norwalk, Connecticut

*Author of original report: Response to Customer Service From Priceline

There were two situations regarding my Priceline bid on April 16th that warrant reversal of their charges totaling $500.41.  First is the

fact my total bid was not what Priceline ended up charging me.  I agreed to a total charge of  $19.00/day X 14 days for a total of

$266.00.  $266.00 was the amount displayed and accepted, (by me) as the  total amount to be charged.  This fact was confirmed during a 3 person call between myself, my Bank representative and "Charles" a customer rep from Priceline shortly after the error occured.  Prior to calling my bank I attempted to resolve the matter with Priceline's customer representatives, but after speaking with two of them I called my bank in an attempt to halt the overcharges.  The bank offered to help resolve the "dispute" and placed

a 3 way call to Priceline.  We eventually ended up with a person named "Charles" who was able to reproduce the error, the total being displayed as $266.00, then after accepting adding $231.41 as 'Taxes and Fees increasing the total to $500.41.  In spite of this after 45 minutes he was unable to refund my account.

The second Priceline error was related to taking possession of any car from Alamo rental at DFW airport.  I selected the option box on

Priceline's webpage for "Debit Card Only" and was refused the rental because Alamo only accepts credit cards!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2010 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline-Pricelinecom/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Priceline-Pricelinecom-Priceline-Car-Rental-NOT-Valid-Deceptive-Trade-Practices-Norwa-594657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline Priceline.com

Response to Customer Service From Priceline

AUTHOR: BrianR - (United States of America)

Through my bank a request for refund was made.  It's been two weeks and I have not heard anything back from Priceline yet.  The bank representative explained they, (priceline) have 45 days to rebut or they default, we'll see.

I did get an email from pricelines customer service dept today and inserted the text from my previous comments with a request for a refund and a status update on my request today May 3rd 2010.

"