Complaint Review: Priceline , Priceline.com

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:Washington Missouri
Priceline , Priceline.com
priceline.com Internet U.S.A.

Priceline, Priceline.com Ripoffs Continue Booked hotel online and priceline changed the dates by over a month! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I'm in the same boat as you

*Consumer Comment: Hope this helps

*Author of original report: Priceline priceline.com

*Consumer Suggestion: A couple of options....

On 3/28/2008 I entered a priceline.com hotel request for the dates of June 19 -21, 2008. I received an email notifiction to check my offer results and saw that my offer was accepted... BUT the dates were off by nearly a month. Priceline had changed my dates to May 22 - 24, 2008. I never received any other confirmation email. An obvious system error.

I tried to call priceline.com but the phone system does not allow you to speak to a person... they tell you to use the web form so I did. In response I received a telephone number and code to enter to speak to a person.

I spoke to Jean at priceline.com. She was nice enough, but the bottom line is that she said that priceline.com is not responsible for any errors even if they caused the problem. She refused a refund.

I spoke to my credit card company and they told me that they have problems with priceline.com all the time, but there's little they can do because I agreed to the priceline.com Terms and Conditions which say you can't dispute the credit card charge under any circumstances. The credit card company said they're bound by those terms.

Folks, I'm just like you... I tried to save a few bucks using priceline.com Trust me it's not worth it.

Good luck!
Joe in mo
Washington, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline-Pricelinecom/internet/Priceline-Pricelinecom-Ripoffs-Continue-Booked-hotel-online-and-priceline-changed-the-da-322473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline , Priceline.com

I'm in the same boat as you

AUTHOR: Diochick - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to me, and when I called I spoke with a representative who told me over the phone that she would actually correct the dates AND refund the $25 fee. Neither was done. I had to fight to get the dates changed, and upong repeated contact with customer service the fee is still being charged. I even get the little song and dance about how "we value our customers" I told them that they may pretend to value their customers but when it comes down to being blatantly lied to, or sticking up for their customers they chose to side with the liars. I even requested that they pull the recorded call and listen to what I was told, to which they refused.

Hope this helps

AUTHOR: K. Carver - (U.S.A.)

I had a similiar situation happen. I didnt get very far but you may have better luck. Here is the phone number for Priceline corporate offices. Call them and speak to the VP of customer service you may get somewhere. Good luck
1-800-945-4602 I had to fight for this number they do not offer it

-Kim

Priceline priceline.com

AUTHOR: Joe in mo - (U.S.A.)

#1 Yes, I verified everything before submitting my offer. I even printed out every page at the time.

#2 Yes, priceline.com offered to cancel the request for a fee. I refused. I will not pay a fee for their error.

I have filed a criminal complaint against them with the FBI. I have filed additional complaints with the BBB, the Connecticut Dept. of Consumer Affairs, and my state Attorney General. Maybe one will get their attention.

There can be no excuse for the actions of priceline.com and companies like their should not be allowed to do business in the USA.

I will fight them until I take my last breath. The only redeeming factor is I know I'll cost them hundreds of times more than what they stole from me.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

A couple of options....

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I'm not going to ask you the obvious question......Did you check your dates before purchasing?

Of course you did.

However, I digress........

You do have a couple of options when you enter the wrong date with a Priceline reservation:

1) If you reserved a Name Your Own Price reservation, simply ask for a Cancel with Resubmit. This will allow you to rebook the correct dates for only a small fee.

2) If you reserved a regular, retail hotel reservation, simply call and ask what the cancellation policy states. In most cases you can cancel for only $25.

Hope this helps.