Complaint Review: Priceline

• Reported By: Vashanka — Canandaigua New York
Priceline
, Select State/Province USA

Priceline Bait and Switch/Fraud Norwalk CT

I booked a reservation through the Priceline.com website for a 2-night stay (Jan. 24 and 25, 2014) at the Travelodge Hotel in Great Barrington, MA early this week.  At the time I made the reservation, the website clearly stated that I could cancel at no charge through 5 p.m. today - January 23, 2014.  I had considerable difficulty getting Priceline customer service on the phone today to cancel the reservation.  When I finaly reached a Priceline representative, he told me that the deadline for no fee cancellation was Tuesday, January 23.  I pointed out that today is Thursday January 23rd.

He switched his story at that point and starting insisting that the deadline was noon today and that I had missed the cutoff (which he claimed was noon today) by a few minutes.  I told him that the Priceline website clearly stated at the time I made the reservation that 5 p.m. was the cutoff.  He would not budge and told me my only options were to pay for both nights or pay a one-night penalty and not stay at the hotel at all.

I called the hotel directly.  They informed me that Priceline had put through the cancellation but the hotel will not receive one penny of the "cancellation fee."

I will not be giving Priceline any business in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/Select-StateProvince/Priceline-Bait-and-SwitchFraud-Norwalk-CT-1117865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline